Loaded + Rideunlimited Collab launches July 9

The New ESK8 partnership between Loaded Boards and Unlimited launched today! Check it out… Loaded Boards

265rr4

@mmaner check this out

3 Likes

Jeez.  

1 Like

yes that’s why i think it’s so expensive, they are the only company that i know of that has a hub motor that can fit caliber, paris, carver, etc with zero mods

Actually that was probably the best move Unlimited could do.

2 Likes

Oh didn’t see that…it should only work on Paris like trucks…it needs a conical hangar of similar diameter and it uses pressure from the axle nut to hold it in. It works like a mill or lathe tapered collet

I think it will only work on Paris, Bear, Carver, Gullwing, and their clones/cousins…shouldn’t fit Caliber like trucks

that’s why they charge so much.

i checked hummie steel hubs but it does not look as modular as ride unlimited is

No the Hummie hubs use specially modded Paris II trucks. TBH it’s not worth the mark up…$200 for a 850W motor is a lot

2 Likes

i see so no other option same as ride unlimited’s

I did a review comparing this to Mellow last year. Here: https://www.electricskateboardhq.com/mellow-unlimited-showdown/

Bottom line the Unlimited kit is a lot more capable.

6 Likes

Hang on…

kick flip in the vid there - no hub is going to survive that very long, they must have hardcore battle hardening!

1 Like

in the review you write that Mellow hubs are sensored. I had in mind that the lead Engineer Killian said that they specifically did not include sensors because on hubs they were a weak-point that could break.

1 Like

I also talked with Killian and he told me all the information I put in there through our very long debug sessions. I would have also thought they were unsensored, and mentioned as much to him. But as far as he’s told me, Mellow motors are sensored. However, them being unsensored would explain a lot of the behavior the drive exhibits. Keep in mind this is not the v1 of the drive, this is the v2. They reworked a bunch of stuff for v2 and I think they reworked a bunch of stuff again in v3.

1 Like

Thanks for the explanation, makes sense, one day I should contact them since they also do the engineering&dev. part in Munich

2 Likes

I’d like to see a fight vs MAD hubs, both on Paris Trucks.
That’s a smart move from Loaded & Unlimited, now only need more thane!

1 Like

I’ve had one of these kits since last Aug and it’s a pretty fun one to play around with as the motors fit most decks and trucks. I generally use the Eon kit to test the viability of a deck before I consider it for my next DIY. I’ve had them on Paris trucks, Calibers, and Ronins. Pretty stoked to try out some actual Otang sleeves for it. Not to say that the thane was bad on these at all, they’re actually ALOOOOT better than any of the other Meepo china hub thane at 90mm. I ran these motors for a good month last summer commuting daily to work to make sure it would survive as I have heard bad things about these motors from the whole esk8hubs situation and it’s still ticking today. I bought the R-Kit for $1k when it came out which is fair but this new Loaded Collab jacked up the kit to $1.35k making it a tough sell. FWIW, this is not a bad kit at all, it actually ticks alot of things the general masses would want in a prebuilt like being airplane friendly, highly water resistant, solid remote and controls, scary torque for the size of the motors, not being tied to one setup or having to modify your deck to make it run. Here’s some pics of this kit before it was cool.

10 Likes

One of the things that baffles me is how despite being 82.5mm hub thane it feels better than 90mm Meepo thane. I would take a look at the thane liner.

I think the ridges really make a difference giving the thane space to flex against. Other hubs like the 90mm Meepo stuff, Backfires and even the Raptor 2 all use some sort of rigid ring which gives the thane no place to flex which is why they all have a rough ride despite having more thane. What do you guys think?

Exway thane sleeves are higher grade as well. While a good way away from full urethane, I’ve had no comfort issues with the Exway even after a full day of testing.

1 Like

Yes, the Exway motor liners also have the ridges as well

Maybe you can clarify something I’ve never understood, how they actually prevent the motor from rotating in any truck? it’s just the friction between the hub and truck under the pressure of the nut that holds it in place?