Loaded Orangatang 105 "Dad Bod"

Size feels a bit like an unhappy medium between trying to reach the eskaters and normal longboarders.

If they are good ill definetly get a set in blue if they have them, that thane is so nice.

1 Like

the long distance push guys will love these.

4 Likes

To be fair, we have quite a few other 105’s out there

Rubber, eovan, momentum wheels, boosted/madEsk8 105, etc

2 Likes

They definetly do not fit the pantheon trip deck they did the collab with afaik. But yeah i would agree on ldp. However I do not think that compared to hollow wheels, torqueboards, 107 flywheels,rubber wheels or the boosted that these are going to fill any role the best. But maybe these are the tits and im wrong, i do hope so :stuck_out_tongue:

They feel great!

14 Likes

Wonder what the purpose of the indented ring on the inside of the wheel is :thinking:

1 Like

Many skateboard & longboard wheels have that.

Looks too sketch to ever try to use for torque transfer.

1 Like

What you mean? I’m talking about the urethane, not the core

3 Likes

Because the inside edge is unsupported it has more complience, so it’s a bit softer if you ride up an edge

3 Likes

Yup looks like a way to reduce stiffness at the sidewall without increasing wheel width to make an overhanging edge

I don’t understand why that would make it

I was talking about the center of the core, the pentagon with indentations on the inside.

You said inside, I thought you meant the other kind of “inside”.

3 Likes

Ah yeah i see what you mean. Yeah i have seen that on other cores as well. Would need a live axle to use that as torque transfer tho

1 Like

Timestamped

3 Likes

Also just to note: the Trypocore is compatible with your average Kegel pulleys. The Pins slot into the Teardrop shaped hole.

4 Likes

Aren’t you a sweetheart. Interesting…

2 Likes

ok hear me out:

4 Likes

So fragile

2 Likes

I wonder if this is dodgy copy editing, if I’ve misunderstood, or the urethane of the wheel itself is actually glass filled. I haven’t heard of that before, but the mention of grip specifically makes it sound like it is the wheel that contacts the road and not just the core

1 Like

It’s probably bad copyediting and they mean “glass-filled nylon core”. (aka false advertising)

If the core is made of polyurethane, or if the wheel has glass in it,… what the fuck.

But we should summon them to ask them.