LLT SmartBMS questions

A thread for LLT smart BMS questions. because i have a question, and i didn’t know where to put it. and it can be a place for more.

3 Likes

When does the LLT smart bms clear counters like low voltage alert?

I had a few single cell low voltage cutoff alerts from discharging/testing. I thought hose counters never clear. But i’ve noticed that counter is at zero now.

2 Likes

There’s a reset button on the app for sure, but it probably also clears temporary data like that on power cycle

1 Like

This thread already exists:

1 Like

funny i searched for such a thread and i saw others more specific issues, but not htat one.

but now i can’t tell if:

a.) that thread is about any help. or…
b.) that thread is about help with that specific problem of setting up settings.

blah… delete clear… mess forums :poop:

1 Like

that’s my bad. good catch. i named it wrong.
fixing.

Did you disconnect the balance wires or main negative at any stage?

1 Like

While we’re on that topic, could anyone help diagnose a weird issue with a LLT 10s BMS i’m hooking up?

I got a first one, and wired everything up properly, connects to the app, showing the correct voltage of 35v for a 10s pack, but when measuring on the charge port, there is little to no voltage, whereas normally it will also show 35v for other BMSs like a Daly.

I thought this could have been a faulty BMS so i bought a new one, hooked it up again and same thing. I have yet to plug it into a charger to charge because well, it seems sus.

3 Likes

nope.

1 Like

is the charging turned off for any reason by chance? the app should show this.

1 Like

Maybe the charge port has a diode so you can’t measure the voltage because of that, if it charges normally I wouldn’t worry.

I’m able to pull current out through the charge port. (it shows up as discharge in the app) so I don’t think there’s a diode. and think P- and C- are connected on the board.

Charging is turned on, yea

how to calibrate voltages.

:skateboard:

I’ve found it at least clears them each time you write the config.

1 Like

I don’t get what this LLT in my LaCroix is doing…

It says it’s at 100% but 18s pack is only at 73V.
FreeSk8 reports 73.3V as 86%.

The LLT seems to be toggling charging on and off every 5 seconds because when charging is on at least one cell quickly goes above 4.25V:

Is this pack OK? Does it just need to stay plugged in an balance for a while?
The LLT does seem to be balancing for about three seconds before it kills charging for another five seconds.

Why is your cell 15 at 4.3v?

Thats the reason the bms is not charging

very much not ok, u got pgroup at 4.07 and 4.32, that’s a huge difference and bms has to work very hard to try and balance it out. if u keep charger plug in it will probably take weeks to get all pgroup to 4.2

1 Like

Yeah it’s wierd the cell that is high jumps about tho it’s not always that one.
Hmm I let it go for a few hours and eventually the charger clicked off and the batteries look balanced:

…at 4.1V per cell… still only a level FreeSk8 calls 94%

It seems like when it’s charging the cell voltages bounce around which cause the BMS pvervolt to trigger every few seconds but then once the charger cuts the juice all 18 settle at the same level.