Little FOCer! 84V 5kW VESC-Based Controller

Where’d you hear that, if you don’t mind…

1 Like

@shaman @Flux I know you can’t give definitive dates or anything but what are the chances of us being able to get one of these before the summer?

1 Like

@shaman

Have people(us) fund a batch at a good pick n place fab and get these out already :man_shrugging:
I know these are babies still but it could be a bigger evaluation batch? That way people know what they’re buying etc.

2 Likes

It’s not pick and place holding up the show. It’s the manual stuff like cables, mosfets, heatsink, and quality checking.

I’m working on the next round. At least 20 units if not more to make available for this forum. Giving y’all first dibs. Trying to make it more fair and graceful this next time with the ideas being provided

11 Likes

Like a week or 2 for the next round. But it’s gunna sell quick based on the experience of the first round

6 Likes

Sold 20 regular units and 15 balance-optimized units

1 to 2 weeks for round 2. Then summer(hopefully) for having a much larger stock manufactured with more complete assembly done by the manufacturer

8 Likes

Excellent news @shaman ! I will keep checking back and fingers crossed I can get one of these units so I can finish my build :grinning:

2 Likes

Will batch 2 have the extra GPIO pins broken out?

1 Like

batch 2 is still rev1. Just another batch of it. So no GPIO broken out. That’s coming with rev2 in the summer

3 Likes

I think it might be interesting to mention that this round 2 of rev1, The focFM modified version of the little FOCer, will not be available, it will certainly be available again later with rev2

5 Likes

One or two weeks for a second batch would AMAZING! Dibs for the group would also be much appreciated!!! :grin::grin::grin:

1 Like

This is awesome man. Been following from a distance for a while but wanted to chime in and let you know how much we all appreciate you! Keep up the good work!

4 Likes

I think you should do something to order a bunch instead of this slow stuff. Preorder or a loan or something. Maybe get an employee or something too so no hold up there also. You could be selling like hot cakes.

1 Like

So yeah. I’ve mentioned this already. Thanks though

1 Like

What is different for the balance optimized version?

1 Like

Check it out!

2 Likes

It’s pre-setup for a drop in replacement on a regular Future Motion Onewheel

2 Likes

Congrats on the launch Shaman!

1 Like

I bet you will sell 100 pcs. in one day.

3 Likes

Is Rev2 this summer the one that you plan to

I cant wait! :grin:

1 Like