Little FOCer! 84V 5kW VESC-Based Controller

Woah :open_mouth:

Thereā€™s another factor here besides just battery voltage. The amount of DC link capacitance is the other main factor. More capacitance means higher inrush current and therefore bigger spark. The little FOCer has less DC link capacitance than other VESCs since sourcing ripple current matters more than shear capacitance beyond a certain point.

7 Likes

It wouldnā€™t be an issue assuming the last thing you connect is the controller to the battery using an XT90S connector. Which is what I imagine one would put at the joint of the VESC and whatever wiring harness youā€™re using to go to/from the battery.

Assembles a 20s pack and slowly plugs it all in with tweezers and XT30 connectors

:sunglasses:

1 Like
4 Likes

1500(3:00pm) according to this time on this website.

6 Likes

did they already get bought out? I canā€™t add to cart

1 Like

They have not gone on sale yet. See the post directly above yours.

3 Likes

Odd, according to google, 1500 CST is 1pm PST, which is where I am, and its 1pm for me now.

As usual, daylight savings time is making everything harder than it needs to be. @shaman appears to be in a state that does not observe daylight savings.

3 Likes

Daylight savings time is such bullshit. Utter nonsense. But yeah, I was confused too.

2 Likes

I tried posting a website with the clock Iā€™m referring to. Use the clock from link I posted.

5 Likes

Time keeps on slipping into the future. :joy: Iā€™m gonna cry if I donā€™t manage to get one of these :rofl:

:smirk:

3 Likes

They up early, girls.

not for meeeeee

1 Like

you trolling or did you get an order in? lol

1 Like

Not trollinā€™. Also got my order in.

3 Likes

I got one! :grin:

4 Likes