Little FOCer! 84V 5kW VESC-Based Controller

:clap:t2::clap:t2::call_me_hand:t2:

Thanks man really appreciate the in-depth reply

4 Likes

There’s this mount:

Also a version of DAVEGA with a smaller display made specifically for e-bikes/e-scooters is on my TODO list. It’s still months away though.

4 Likes

What are the dimensions generally, length x width x thickness available for OW and EUC?

2 Likes

Not sure what you’re asking about exactly, but I can give you some dimensions. I posted something here for example: DieBieMS fork: ENNOID-BMS for 6S to 24S battery packs - #190 by Zippy

2 Likes

Thanks! Well that’s more than I could ask! And Plenty of space inside, what do you pack in this, only esc and BMS or also battery? And is there another similar enclosure on other side of the OW to fit more batteries?

1 Like

See my thread - V1Wheel Onewheel upgrades

2 Likes

This is the battery box, you can see the BMS in the pics and the rest is battery. The controller box on the other side contains the controller. You can see the Pint one in my build thread: Onewheel Pint with Little FOCer build thread (#focfm) The XR one is quite different.

1 Like

when is v2 dropping

Assuming you live in London you can relax now. They ceased dropping V2 in 1945. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I’ll announce progress on the next version as it happens. Prototypes have been shipped to me. They’ll need to be analyzed on the bench and then field tested. Stay tuned

7 Likes

ok, could you make a vesion with mosfets facing the board and diy heatsink?
current design uses 30 parts to mount the heatsink :cry:

I don’t quite understand your request. For one, the regular controller comes with a pre-mounted heatsink. You shouldn’t have to mess with that. If you are referring to the “FM” version, then the rev 2 doesn’t require spacers and such in order to mount the controller to a heat sink or plate.

5 Likes

yes exactly, was it possible to buy the fm without the connector kit? I’ve never seen it in stock anyways. So rev2 will be like the fm?

The idea is still to have an “FM” version as well as a generic version just as before.

1 Like

ok is the fm version available without the connector kit? how much money do you save without the heatsink assembly? what does fm stand for?

kinda looks like the trampa mkv ngl

1 Like

wow. You know I think they might be from the same daddy.

1 Like

Things are looking good for this new rev. It’s more smooth and much more powerful. It’s exceeded my expectations so far in bench testing. Field testing in my ebike will happen soon. Then field testing amongst a few other individuals will happen. I will be pushing for quick feedback

15 Likes

I’ll find another incredibly stupid way to break it if you would like.

The last FOCer held up crazy well with a shit ton of moisture, dirt and vibration and impacts.

2 Likes

@shaman
Do all the FOCer versions (existing and future) use a latching on/off switch? If yes, is it normally-open or normally-closed?

3 Likes