Linnpower racing slicks

I agree! I think the lower ride height will feel sick too. I am now only geared for like 28 miles per hour with the smaller wheels but hopefully that doesn’t matter too much on the esk8con track.

1 Like

Fire up field weakening and 28mph be damned

1 Like

:grin: I thought I heard that field weakening was kind of unstable at this point? If not though that might be a good option.

1 Like

I think untested is more the consensus, but I can’t really say for sure.

1 Like

I think its more that its incredibly inefficient but don’t quote me on that

OW people use it more than us I think

2 Likes

I am also still on 5.3 so I’d have to update my vesc firmware first I think. It would be sick to get more top speed but I don’t know If I want to break my board right before the con lol.

3 Likes

You’re running solos on 5.3? Jfc I was told to update mine to 6.0+ as soon as those came out. I’ve been trying out the new phase filter firmware and it’s noticeably smoother

4 Likes

Yeeeap mine got shipped with 5.3 installed and they worked fine so I didn’t bother messing with em. I know Artem said I should probably update them though so that will happen at some point.

Yeah lol I’m on the latest custom one (6.2)

Mine wouldn’t even detect on the firmware they shipped with so I updated to 6 right away too

Some NEXT Slicks on some hubba hubs.

7 Likes

These things are CRAZY grippy, i cant get them to break loose at ALL :rofl:

6 Likes

Okie all tires on! Going to test em tomorrow if the weather is good.

6 Likes

These are the grippiest pneumatics out there! I have a feeling similar ultra grippy tires will be coming out this year.

3 Likes

I only have a few sets of MAD tubeless wheels with racing slicks right now.

Should have a bunch more towards the end of March.

Keep in mind, these tires are pretty prone to punctures. You can run sealant into them.

3 Likes

Rims came in from @Swol_Moon so slowly getting them mounted.

12 Likes

Will be testing these out on the slick indoor track on the 21st April, as well as a few t-race sessions outdoors to get some data. Fingers crossed theyre super grippy at the indoor track and all our issues indoors are solved with these wheels

8 Likes

Seems like there’s a new version coming soon

8 Likes

Stoked! Especially if it’s an even better experience than the current ones

4 Likes

He is. I have had several conversations with Linn and recommended he make a wider version of the tire for rear use only. The conversations were inspired by seeing the rear ends of Stooge boards sliding around corners last year at ESK8con and the wider tires Stooge Racing released.

6 Likes

Im assuming youd need a wider hub, are your MAD tubeless hubs going to have a wider variant for the new 90mm width tires?

5 Likes