Linnpower racing slicks

What do you guys think of these? They are absurdly expensive but I’m not aware of any other slick made for 3.75 inch hubs. Mighhht get a set for Esk8con if I can get over the price.

1 Like

Wait now that I’m looking further, it says these are for a 4.17 inch hub?

1 Like

I think hubba hubs are supposed to work. A few of us have already grabbed some. Worth trying out I think.

6 Likes

I’m almost thinking they might be measuring the diameter of the hub differently, I really hope I don’t have to get a different set of hubs lol.

1 Like

Well then you and I would be in the same boat lol

It might be copium but it’s all I got man :rofl:

2 Likes

I see @ShutterShock is riding them tonight so maybe he can report back.

6 Likes

I’ll try to report back soon, I am traveling tomorrow

They were awesome tonight. Bought the rims tho. Linn said they work on the old tubeless rims too tho so theoretically they’d work on whatever the old tubeless tires worked on

3 Likes

Awesome, thank you so much dude :heart:

3 Likes

i’d definitely recommend wider rims for them to get the most contact patch out of them but it isn’t necessary. they fit on the acedeck rims too but its a really tight squeeze to get them on, had to use clamps to do it lol. a local rider only got two to hold air tubeless, the 3rd looks like the tire didn’t seat properly which caused air to leak. the last one might just need to clean to get a better seal

2 Likes

The hot melt racings slicks have amazing grip and are probably 2nd to the Stooge race wheels. I have been riding them for the last 4 weeks and don’t want to take them off. I should have about 5 sets of MAD tubeless wheels with racing slicks coming within the the next 5-7 days. I want them to be used at ESK8con. These wheels are compatible with both 22mm and 28mm OD bearings. The price for the wheelset with racing slicks will be $365.

After ESK8con, I will be getting about 80 sets of MAD tubeless wheels with racing slicks and a bunch with the standard Meepo tubeless tires which are also awesome.

Of note, the rubber compound is really soft and is prone to damage.

6 Likes

edit: found pic you posted

how wide are the rims and are they mbs mounting pattern? i need new rims for 8in tires

5 Likes

I do have fairly wide rims, just trying to make sure the rim diameter is the same since the linnpower ones are listed as being 4.17.

2 Likes

Okay so some jank-ish measuring of the hub diagram later and it looks like these have an inner diameter of about 94-95 mm depending on how close to the outer wall you go. These should hopefully fit! Fingers crossed.

the diameter on the acedeck rims are listed as 4.17 so sounds correct.

2 Likes

I think Trampa measures from the inner diameter where the tire seats which is probably why the two don’t match up :+1: I just placed an order, excited to try em out!

1 Like

gotcha, hope it works out!

2 Likes

60T pulleys are included. Not compatible with MBS.

The MAD tubeless wheels only come in black for now and have a different design to the Meepo and Linnpower rims to better put up with serious abuse.

1 Like

Will the hubs be available without slicks or tubeless tires? If so, any ballpark price you’re able to mention?

Do these use MBS bolt pattern?

2 Likes

Been waiting for these hubs to come out exciting. I seen some pictures floating around with SRB gears mounted to your hubs how did they do that then if it’s not mbs pattern?

This picture:

4 Likes