Linnpower racing slicks

damn, i run gear drive now so that won’t work. i already have mbs xl’s on order to run the next racing tires. probably just gonna get the linnpower rims for some 200mm tires

2 Likes

the mbs pattern mounts where the blue dot is. it’s possible that these mount farther inward where the green dot is

1 Like

The linnpower rims are also not mbs :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

yeah @ShutterShock made some adapters for them to work with the boardnamics drives

3 Likes

Yup! I’ve got m1s as well. I hate having to use adapters tho, especially printed ones.

2 Likes

Tough :joy:

My adapters have worked pretty well so far but only one hard track session on the new ones. The old ones still look good as new

You’re not gonna get a metal one unless you design it yourself prolly.

However you should be able to use the slicks on some other wheels that are already compatible

1 Like

I ain’t knocking printed adapters, but after having some break on me (cf nylon), I’m kinda sketched out riding with printed wheel/adapters.

Might actually do this.

Having them fit on other hubs is one thing, but in my experience, that doesn’t mean they will fit properly/balance properly.

2 Likes

CF nylon can be quite good with the right print settings and design

I used polycarbonate for mine.

That is a good point they may not balance the same. Linn said they were backwards compatible tho so I’d expect them to be quite tight on newbee rims at the very least

1 Like

Does your adapter replace the pom adapter plate that comes with the Boardnamics drives?

1 Like

No, the screws that attach it to the gear are covered by the wheel.

It interfaces with the steel plate (in my case)

2 Likes

My bad. The mounting holes are drilled, retapped and spacers fitted to allow for the use of the big Stooge sprocket.

3 Likes

Hey guys, the MAD tubeless wheels are now available on the website. Two options - Meepo tubeless tires ($350) and Linnpower hot melt racing slicks ($365). Belt only (unless you want to drill, and tap the pulley mounting holes for Stooge sprocket). Adapter for Linnpower gear drive coming after ESK8con.

I only have 5 sets right now with the racing slicks. If you need a really grippy set for racing at ESK8con, order now! It takes some time to ship these from China.

11 Likes

Might nab a set haha. Howd you pull off the dual bearing seat, was it the way i sketched out ages ago or? Also, whats the pulley interface? Is it using the wheel hub bolt pattern, and if so, whats the spacing on that bolt pattern?

3 Likes

Linn over at Linnpower helped make the multiple bearing design a reality.

3 Likes

@fujio001 what about this answer tho

1 Like

2 Likes

Do you have the diameter of the bolt pattern? Wondering if i can use my other existing pulleys with it - 60T is fine, but i like the ability to dial in my gear ratios more than just that haha.

1 Like

These are 60t pulleys. I will do measurements ina bit.

3 Likes

I’m hoping to get the mad tubeless wheels working with my m1-at drives.

If they happen to be the same pattern as the meepo tubeless hubs, then I know a certain someone here already created a 3d adapter that might work.

If not, I’ll see if Kevin can make new POM adapters for the new pattern.

I’ve got a regular set from linn coming to test on a few different hubs, but I’m pretty convinced madwheels tubeless hubs are best for these.

5 Likes

47mm between the pulley mounting bolts. Diameter of the mounting bolts is 80mm.

2 Likes