LiitoKala 21700 12s5p 20Ah Build

Do you know to what values the battey meter is set? Thats why i prefer a battery meter with voltage display.

well if you look at the metr data the end of the ride voltage is 43.8 which is about right for my battery meter… i have it set to flash between percentage and voltage… although the meter is a guesstimation of actual capacity… similar to metr app… u could set the values manually for each 10% of capacity but from what i read in general voltage drop and actual capacity isnt linear…

but we can say for now that about 7.4v got me 14mi of range… today lol

did you get a chance to do a max range test?

nope not yet…have been working like crazy and was also working on this other board I just finished… probably mid week next week i can try and make an attempt at getting to a hard sag where ever that may be.

1 Like

i would also say so far…that from my daily riding and general range that these cells arent a disappointment thats for sure…

Im mid process on that 12s6p 30Q…and not really sure why lol… aside from crazy amp out put…which I have yet to get to 80amps of current on any rides (according to my metr) and weight I guess will be the main benefit for similar size and capacity.

2 Likes

Well perhaps we’ll see what happens… I’m staying at a friend’s in Brooklyn… And forgot my charger lol… According to metr it was 9.2mi one way…so the same trip tomorrow am… I also did a half mile from the parking garage to work… So 9.5mi so far starting at a full battery… Since it was a late night ride I wasn’t riding as hard as I might due to visibility but tomorrow am I plan to ride faster since its a weekend and streets will be empty which is fun…so let’s hope I make it to work on time and don’t hit cut off before =)

1 Like

Also top speed of 46 is bullshit…need to figure out where the discrepancy is in its speed logging and get it tuned!

“Well Chuck, the date started off good” then I ate shit 10min later… I’m ok but sprained ankle kinda… Otherwise I finshed the ride to work that am… Just over 8mi… And a couple more miles after work to meet my ride so.close to 21mi and theres still juice in the pack… If you add these last 3 telemetry bits.

This is casual riding with aome higher speed bits… Thats good to know…

2 Likes

where is your low-voltage cut off? I what percentage did the meter say was left?

43.6v and basic meter says 27%… LVC is what ever pre set unity does for 12s… but im sure If I try and give it some hard pulls now we may feel something…but my ankle is jacked for a few more days so no riding for me =(

Longest range yet… About 25mi with still more juice… 30% or 43.5v remaining at rest…

And the real kicker here was it wasnt a full battery… I started at
49.7v so about .6v under my typical full charge
This was riding around the city average speeds and a few bits with higher speed… Mostly cruising due to traffic n stuff… But we had a nice group ride for part of central park…

4 Likes

I didn’t look at the numbers, but you are saying this battery is worth it? Asking because you and I have similar setup, well we had, then you got bigger wheels. Haha.

2 Likes

pretty dope
cmon, you know we’re all waiting for a 100-0 20ah test :wink:

1 Like

Im trying…you know maybe the irony in it is that Im tired of riding before I can get there =P
and with a new gear ratio Im feeling like range may actually go up as well…

@mishrasubhransu
I mean yeah, id recommend them considering all the consistent riding and range attempts, the only time they acted funky was a few weeks ago when we got that final heat wave of summer and range dropped, as soon as it cooled back to normal numbers it went back to bidness as usual.

so on my 6" i was at 20/60 on 190kv and that was decent torque and speed… was going to drop to 18/60 before the 8" tires showed up to see how that would have affected range readings but motor pulleys and tires arrived at the same time…

so 18/62 on 8" was real slow off the line and crap torque on small ass inclines… 16/62 feels way better like a sweet spot, which is also part of yesterdays range numbers… so later this week I should have time for another long range attempt unless I can get a lap in around central park while im at work…

yes i recommend 12s4p would be nice so save some weight but if you might need more than the 60amps max Id take the extra parallel for amp… although it would be fun to test these cells at 4p to see how they perform when youre pushing the pack at its rated max consistently…

3 Likes

@murdomeek
I dont know if its possible =( I’m tired… 2 laps around central park… Down to the statue of liberty dock…back to work…plus a couple extra miles for morning commute… 22% amd still pulling strong with a full squeeze…

3 Likes

you have no idea how much outrage my opinion on that caused though. If you have time to do it, its probably a good idea.

3 Likes

dang, thats super dope!
wished i lived in NY now :slight_smile:

Its a nickel by nickel decision =P depend on how it lays down or over laps…if it bothers me I give it a lil snip!

2 Likes

My only complaint with Littokala cells is there inconsistencies. I use them for my business not esk8 related. I used to use headways but swapped to litto 26650 lii-50 my application doesnt need heaps of current but I need every drop of capacity. First few batches were excellent and still in production I monitor them remotely and going strong 12 months on.
Latest batch noticed degradation is significant worst I doubt I will get 12 month from them.
I have heard the 26650 have changed manufacturers. I will check out these cells i also have 38mm cells from queen coming. I get the vibe litto are using B grade cells nothing to back this up. If I could get more 26650 original batch.
Amazing build some major range.

5 Likes

did you ever get a chance to do a 100-0 run? :slight_smile: