LiitoKala 21700 12s5p 20Ah Build

Longer strips= higher resistance= higher heat= even higher resistance = even more heat :wink:

these test are done witch short pieces of nickel (5-10cm). Depending on the application. Length is more an issue for voltage drop rather than current issues.

I don’t think that pressure gets higher in slimmer water pipes.

In slimmer pipe the speed increase in cost of pressure.

But electrons can’t flow faster since they always go at speed of light.

I’m not scientist I don’t understand this properly, correct me if I’m wrong.

1 Like

Part of it depends on the fluid. Water is essentially in-compressible so theoretically the pressure should not increase, but the speed would for sure. The velocity increases to zero out the equation.

Ok… Just got back from another biz trip but was able to squeeze a quick ride in today and first time recording with the metr so this is a new tool/toy for me. Not sure if this data helps or shows anything BUT one interesting thing today was at the end of the ride my batt meter was reading about 30% but I had almost zero off the line amp acceleration…! It felt like it was at zero… Then I came around the corner for a semi steep climb and the board was dead…dead as in no power to carry my weight …interesting

I also find ot interesting my max current is 79 when my battery max is set at 70… Maybe it’s a newbie observation of using metr.

well what is 30%. It could be that the voltage droped below cutoff or soft cuttoff. combined with the incline…

1 Like

That´s some interesting stuff…
so you have a solid 6V sag at 60A draw from the battery.
what esc you have on this build?
the metr add up the values if it´s set to dual. so as long as it´s not a unity than its esc1 current + esc2 current.
about the cut out at the end :tipping_hand_man:
you at 88 degree on your esc. power down starts at 80 degree.
looks like your esc settings defintely a bit high for what you use or you need better cooling.
the total cut off should happen only at 100degree, so maybe you hit your battery cut off as well. we don´t know to which you set this value when yous set up your esc.

So running unity… 60/60 and 70/-24 on.battery… 6" tires at 20/60 …gearing could suck someof that up as its not the most efficent ratio but I’m only 140lbs but might drop back.down to.18/60 to.see if that has any effect once I get a few more test rides and data in.

Batt soft cutoff was left at unity specs which I think is 40.8 which at the very end I see it dip to 40.7 for a hot second… But this would be the first time in the weeks ive ridden this pack its acted this way =\ hmmmm

88 degree is definitely too hot.
I mean for this settings the unity should run way cooler? :thinking:

Well… It is in a case…and it was hot yesterday…and humid… But there have been days recently way worse weather wise where it still ran well… More testing needed lol

Will have time for another long ride tomorrow if it doesnt rain

1 Like

what did i miss in all this if anything?

3 Likes

i also did an excell sheet for that. 30q beats the liitokala in weight and volume but by very small margins. Liitokala dominates in AH/$/€.

2 Likes

Data from todays ride… Around 12:24 where I turn the corner I started getting big sag with a full throttle squeeze… Got home with around 40% on the battery meter (not metr) and this bitch was sagging harder than normal… So I would say the last couple rides in general have felt different than before based on my normal riding habits… Interesting none the less…

That’s so sad to hear. I was hoping sag would be minimal.

Looks like your hitting it pretty hard though, 100a motor and +60a battery. Have you had different cells on this board on this route?

dual setup tho on unity… yeah i was rocking a 12s4p 30q before testing this out… but I ride as i always do…not necessarily riding any harder because of these cells in particular… i have been monitoring balance as i keep my bms/pigtail easily accessible in all my builds and everything is perfectly balanced across the board so far…so it is interesting… when I get some more shrink wrap in the coming weeks I can re-open everything and take a look at my build skills… possibly add a couple extra nickel strips to see if that has any effect overall…

the other option is after a few more long rides if things dont stabilize is to gear down and see what effects that brings about =)

1 Like

assuming you have no data from the 30q pack to compare since you just got the metr pro. Would it be too difficult to swap the battery pack and ride the same route with the same ride style so we can see the difference?

OOF you are running hot my friend,80°C is crazy. Lygte said in his test that these run hotter than most cells. So they can’t take the same beating as 30Q heatwise, maybe a possibility why they sag after a long ride.

def a no go lol… broke the 4p apart for a new build im doing over here…

BUT the cells I posted above will be the eventual pack for my top mount AT build… which is this board in a new for factor… thats probably 6 weeks away at least tho…

possibly… although I cant say temp wise we’ve had any particular spike in the summer weather… but time will tell the next few weeks I guess…hopefully it cools soon and perhaps we’ll see if theres any changes…

Finally had a day off for a long ride… Weather is perfect today around 80s and low humidity and got a standard range ride with standard result like before… When i get another day off I’ll try and push the pack further to see what actual max mileage I can get out of it… Battery meter says about 39% left… Metr app main screen tho said about 10ah consumed tho… So hmm… But could be possible being id never ride the cells all ghe way down to max discharge

1 Like