LiitoKala 21700 12s5p 20Ah Build

That’s so sad to hear. I was hoping sag would be minimal.

Looks like your hitting it pretty hard though, 100a motor and +60a battery. Have you had different cells on this board on this route?

dual setup tho on unity… yeah i was rocking a 12s4p 30q before testing this out… but I ride as i always do…not necessarily riding any harder because of these cells in particular… i have been monitoring balance as i keep my bms/pigtail easily accessible in all my builds and everything is perfectly balanced across the board so far…so it is interesting… when I get some more shrink wrap in the coming weeks I can re-open everything and take a look at my build skills… possibly add a couple extra nickel strips to see if that has any effect overall…

the other option is after a few more long rides if things dont stabilize is to gear down and see what effects that brings about =)

1 Like

assuming you have no data from the 30q pack to compare since you just got the metr pro. Would it be too difficult to swap the battery pack and ride the same route with the same ride style so we can see the difference?

OOF you are running hot my friend,80°C is crazy. Lygte said in his test that these run hotter than most cells. So they can’t take the same beating as 30Q heatwise, maybe a possibility why they sag after a long ride.

def a no go lol… broke the 4p apart for a new build im doing over here…

BUT the cells I posted above will be the eventual pack for my top mount AT build… which is this board in a new for factor… thats probably 6 weeks away at least tho…

possibly… although I cant say temp wise we’ve had any particular spike in the summer weather… but time will tell the next few weeks I guess…hopefully it cools soon and perhaps we’ll see if theres any changes…

Finally had a day off for a long ride… Weather is perfect today around 80s and low humidity and got a standard range ride with standard result like before… When i get another day off I’ll try and push the pack further to see what actual max mileage I can get out of it… Battery meter says about 39% left… Metr app main screen tho said about 10ah consumed tho… So hmm… But could be possible being id never ride the cells all ghe way down to max discharge

1 Like

Do you know to what values the battey meter is set? Thats why i prefer a battery meter with voltage display.

well if you look at the metr data the end of the ride voltage is 43.8 which is about right for my battery meter… i have it set to flash between percentage and voltage… although the meter is a guesstimation of actual capacity… similar to metr app… u could set the values manually for each 10% of capacity but from what i read in general voltage drop and actual capacity isnt linear…

but we can say for now that about 7.4v got me 14mi of range… today lol

did you get a chance to do a max range test?

nope not yet…have been working like crazy and was also working on this other board I just finished… probably mid week next week i can try and make an attempt at getting to a hard sag where ever that may be.

1 Like

i would also say so far…that from my daily riding and general range that these cells arent a disappointment thats for sure…

Im mid process on that 12s6p 30Q…and not really sure why lol… aside from crazy amp out put…which I have yet to get to 80amps of current on any rides (according to my metr) and weight I guess will be the main benefit for similar size and capacity.

2 Likes

Well perhaps we’ll see what happens… I’m staying at a friend’s in Brooklyn… And forgot my charger lol… According to metr it was 9.2mi one way…so the same trip tomorrow am… I also did a half mile from the parking garage to work… So 9.5mi so far starting at a full battery… Since it was a late night ride I wasn’t riding as hard as I might due to visibility but tomorrow am I plan to ride faster since its a weekend and streets will be empty which is fun…so let’s hope I make it to work on time and don’t hit cut off before =)

1 Like

Also top speed of 46 is bullshit…need to figure out where the discrepancy is in its speed logging and get it tuned!

“Well Chuck, the date started off good” then I ate shit 10min later… I’m ok but sprained ankle kinda… Otherwise I finshed the ride to work that am… Just over 8mi… And a couple more miles after work to meet my ride so.close to 21mi and theres still juice in the pack… If you add these last 3 telemetry bits.

This is casual riding with aome higher speed bits… Thats good to know…

2 Likes

where is your low-voltage cut off? I what percentage did the meter say was left?

43.6v and basic meter says 27%… LVC is what ever pre set unity does for 12s… but im sure If I try and give it some hard pulls now we may feel something…but my ankle is jacked for a few more days so no riding for me =(

Longest range yet… About 25mi with still more juice… 30% or 43.5v remaining at rest…

And the real kicker here was it wasnt a full battery… I started at
49.7v so about .6v under my typical full charge
This was riding around the city average speeds and a few bits with higher speed… Mostly cruising due to traffic n stuff… But we had a nice group ride for part of central park…

4 Likes

I didn’t look at the numbers, but you are saying this battery is worth it? Asking because you and I have similar setup, well we had, then you got bigger wheels. Haha.

2 Likes