LHB - what is he even doing now

It’s so exciting.

2 Likes

Only if I bump into one of us. Most people will be like “is that a boosted board?”

4 Likes

Christ what have i gotten myself into… lol

finally getting back to this, had a couple of evolve mods and a bioboard warranty job, and still waiting on the flux decks for my next customs.

10 Likes

What professional looking sticker are you gonna use to ease airline passage?

4 Likes

I’ll probably come up with something cool with the voltage and amp hours and watt hours on it and run it through the thermal printer to make it look factory.

8 Likes

some cells arrived…

looks like today is a battery day. glue, paper, weld and prebalance for two customer builds, a lacroix prototipo pack replacement / upgrade, and one for my own flux motion build.

8 Likes

Holy shit that’s tight! Way tighter than I thought it would be.

2 Likes

Yeah. I’m still debating… but i may talk you into a dual esc i happen to have here. I’d make it an even trade for the two here of course. it just depends on some things, like how much you need the remote to use the uart now that you have the davega going on there. I got these two to fit but the charge port immediately became a potential problem.

I don’t want this to be a situation where i’m the only one that can get the lid on. lol

4 Likes

Just a sidenote, your wheels should come any day now. Any idea what you are going to do with them? :smirk:

2 Likes

oh yeah. They’re going on the witchblade. I need a new tap and die set though, so i should probably get on that.

3 Likes

Can you elaborate on the layout you are going to do in the flux enclosure?
I’m in process of starting to build the battery. I wanna try and cram a 12s10p 30q in there, but might end up with 8p just for convenient wiring. How will you make the series connections and what amps are you ‘rating’ it.

1 Like

I told you from the get go I’m not attached to the esc. What about one of the makerx escs? I’ve been eyeballing the mini.

2 Likes

Lets do that then. We have a 65mm x 110mm rectangle to work with, i can get two makerX mini FOCs (the plus version may be too big in the wrong direction) in there and those will make the phase leads easier to deal with and might also allow me to use connectors on the ESCs instead of soldering them into the wiring harness. and i won’t have to stack things at a weird angle, and they’re low profile enough to allow wires to run across the top of them.

2 Likes

You can easily fit 12s10p. If you’re crafty, 12s15p 18650 is the max I think.
Or you can go 12s9p 21700

2 Likes

one is a 12S8P 40T double stack, the other is a 6P 40T trapezoidal stack.

a 30Q 10P would be a double stack. You can do it one of two ways:

1. use series welded 2S modules and join them together with copper braid or 12awg silicone wire
  2. stick to 1S modules and join them with copper braid or wire.

I’d reccommend running the series connections across the top in your case because you will not have enough room to run wires down the sides unless you’re using the newer edition. you could use either wire of copper braid there though, vertically youll have plenty of room. This is what i did last time on my other 6p 40T trapezoidal stack flux build:

but yours as a 10P 30Q would have a different cell orientation. it would be front to back, so you could use welded 2S groups and eliminate half your series wire.

6 Likes

The enclosure is still only 11 18650s wide and two 18650s tall. I just tried triple stacking, didn’t work. So looks like 12S11P is the max if only using the three battery sections and leaving breathing room for big ESCs. Of course if you run lower current and use smaller ESCs you could theoretically put a layer of 18650s under them in the fourth compartment… but we’re getting into series/parrallel and balance wiring nightmare territory. But if you did that, i’m pretty sure a set of trampa or TB ESCs or anything smaller would fit on top of them. The air space would be reduced, but probably still plenty left.

2 Likes

… so 14S11P would be a better fit actually because the groups would be 11 wide and no nightmare wiring.

Ok somebody do that.

EDIT: 14s8p 21700 pack would also fit with that method.

3 Likes

Just need a thicc boi gasket :rofl: but yea probably a no go. I’ll be working on a 12s7p Tesla model 3 cells

5 Likes

LOL that’s exactly what i just did with somebody’s evolve pgroups. I just threw them all in there to see.

double gasket to keep living dangerously lol

5 Likes

Thanks for your time and advice amigo.
I’m eager to go for the 2S fold to save some space in the middle series connections.
I’m guesstimating your copper braid is about 1 cm wide. How thick is the nickel you work with?
I was pretty confident on materials until I saw the nickel / current chart on here somewhere. Which made me doubt the fold and use a 12 awg instead. I would be targetting 80/100 amps.

2 Likes