LHB - what is he even doing now

If riding every day then this will have a minimal effect except to discharge your packs down, reducing run time.

There’s just no advantage in trying to compensate for differing cell self-discharge rates if recharging fairly often. There’s just no imbalance being created. You can do “normal” top balancing which stops soon and let the cells settle and start self-discharging. The differences in charge lost over the next day, or several days, will be minimal unless the cells are damaged or old.

This leaves more charge in your pack and the cells will still only require little to no balancing if being recharged fairly often.

3 Likes

what happened? stolen?

Yes. For a fee, I allow my products to be stolen from my house. It’s simply all the rage these days.

5 Likes

Shake a tittie for a fiddy.

1 Like

Charge to 80 or 100% every time?
If I charge to 80% how often should I top it to 100?

Sorry, I don’t understand the question.
Why are you considering 80% or 100% charging and when to do it?

1 Like

I don’t ride every day, sometimes it goes weeks between rides. I read that batteries shouldn’t be stored when charged 100%.

when you come back from one ride just don’t charge it until the night before or morning of your next ride. then you don’t have to think about it too much.

5 Likes

Hey @longhairedboy I listened to that chippendales podcast. It was pretty fucking great!!! I didn’t know it was Gimlet. I love their stuff.

1 Like

Yea, what @longhairedboy said. :grin:

3 Likes

Sometimes the simplest solution is the best.

3 Likes

bro that shit was sinister and hilarious. it got me through some really boring bits of the drive to portland.

I’m still slowly moving out of the garage completely. While all my tools and bench space and most of my supplies are inside, there’s still a lot of shit out there.

So today the wall of boards was migrated. On the left is stuff I’ve retired and will keep for memories. On the right is shit that still has a chance at running again and will likely be fixed one day and let loose back out on the street.

Lots of conversation pieces here. Like hours of it.

23 Likes

I fucking love it :star_struck: super clean and it looks like the materials didn’t cost you that much :call_me_hand:

4 Likes

Thanks! yeah those are the standard 7’ slotted shelving rails that you put the shelf brackets in. fortunately none of that is new, because i sort of kept buying brackets and rails over the years as i needed. I bought that white RV water hookup hose and cut it to length and split it to cover the brackets so they wouldn’t scratch stuff up.

Here’s a pic of a bracket with the hose on it:

6 Likes

I’m stealing this idea

5 Likes

What material is the wall? I am impressed it holds that much weight without the screws being pulled out.

2 Likes

the wall is sheetrock, but the wooden furring strips at top and bottom are screwed into the studs with construction screws and the rails are screwed into the strips. The rails would probably break before the screws came out.

2 Likes

I wish i could do that. Not only do i not have room, my walls are a good 3 inches away from the studs. I actually have to replace a chunk of wall that the ac leaked on soon. Shits cavin in. X.x shoddy af.

2 Likes

Toward the end of the Great Rat Invasion, and into the Time of Great Purging, I tore into the back room as part of the rat murdering and trash purging. The back room is the biggest room in the house, and we were wasting a massive amount of space with our ridiculous collection of yard sale finds and baggage from previous lives. I streeted so much shit, everything from a rear projection TV to an arcade cabinet i built 15 years ago, and turned it into my shop.

I killed fourteen rats before it was done.

10 Likes