LHB - what is he even doing now

its a red ember deck so obviously i’m going to have to go with gold tone chains.

3 Likes

Solid plan!

2 Likes

That’s also 12S9P :wink:

4 Likes

Which ESC?

yeah i saw somebody doing that right after i posted that, using an alternating stacking pattern it looked like.

4 Likes

Yessir!

6 Likes

probably a stormcore this time.

4 Likes

The darksouls chain breaker is a must if you go 25/25h size chains IMO. You can move pins in and out to adjust chain lengths.

2 Likes

thanks for the recommendation! I’m definitely going to do this when I get back from all the vacationing.

i need to build a battery for the tiller. I also need to build a battery for my other witchblade, and my unicycle needs a cell replacement. I have a bunch of p42a cells i’m going to stick in there. should get like 80 miles of range or something ridiculous, its a 20S6P.

2 Likes

I am interested to see the exact space those packs take up, not a ton of info out there on how EUC packs are constructed. I think they use a single nickel strip for P and S connections but idk.

I know they have multiple of the same packs on the large Wh wheels. three 20S2P iirc.

It’s a GotWay Nikola. The stock pack is a pair of 18650 20s3p banks in parallel with individual BMSs. It got about 60 miles when it was new. Now it might get 20. They don’t take up anywhere near the empty space available. I’m being conservative by keeping the same cell count even while increasing the cell size. I could probably go 8p or even 10p total with some creativity.

each bank is a double stack configuration with east-west oriented cells, using a monolithic PCB with integrated BMS.

3 Likes

random question but how did you cut that vinyl? it really is excellent. ive been considering buying one of those cricut machines whenever i need to do another vinyl job, which hopefully wont be very soon, just to make it a little easier.

Silhouette Cameo 3 with stock drag knife. 2cm per second, force of 10.

4 Likes

Silhouette is way better than cricut, good choice

2 Likes

and it does all the cricket vinyls and other materials like a boss with only minor tweaks to settings if any. Damn thing willl plot line art with pens also. I have the whole pen set, and I keep meaning to get a small roll of paper to do some art.

i got mine on sale at Michael’s (which means i paid too much) but you can get them online for less.

in the beginning i was using it to die cut spray masks for spot color processes.

2 Likes

It’s a really useful tool honestly. I never thought I’d use it as much as I do.

1 Like

nice! yeah i just keep seeing that cricut one at literally EVERY store. it looked low quality, though.

i stumbled upon a picture of an ANCIENT BUILD while researching. thought it belonged here, for context.

youve come a long way, bro.

9 Likes

LoL at the 7S battery.

3 Likes

found in a thread about boosteds old 12s1p xD doin a little research before i start slapping together a bunch of a123 12s3p packs.

1 Like