LHB - what is he even doing now

ok so i tried my sunstone cables, which are 1 meter long, with my kweld and set the cable length to one meter and got nothing. I wonder if the quirkiness with my sunstone recently was because of the cables.

2 Likes

Resistance welding. Long cables no resistance. I think.

Cables under high load also build resistance and break down. No idea how many welds you may have done with it, but there’s a possibility they just need to be replaced.

1 Like

This of course never occurred to me, even though i had to change the starter cables in my 99 camry for this very reason. I’m going to try changing out the wires and see what happens.

thousands. maybe tens of thousands. I wish i had a counter for this.

3 Likes

How long of leads and what gauge? I tried on mine and never could get it to work.

Be carful it’s not plug and play the length and thickness are critical to the resistance and calibration. Same with the battery if you pull over 2000A you will cause damage to the KWeld will shut down.

800A bare minimum
1200A recommended minimum (this is what the KCaps deliver)
1400-1600 is a good place (this is what dule KCaps deliver)

Holed the peddle down and it will tell you the result of the weld. That will give you a good idea of how the Old leads are

If your going to play around with the cables and battery’s I recommend you do a quick bit of maths

4 Likes

If the wires jump when the weld hits then maybe a pedometer on the wire would count them as footsteps :rofl:

2 Likes

it actually does. Maybe i should tape a fitbit to it.

1 Like

I was using awg 8 silicon steel changed to standard copper 16mm squared difference is like night and day.

I really hope Timo comes back. The Haggydrive stuff is my favorite.

2 Likes

NOTED:
@longhairedboy

…I sense a title…

5 Likes

I can’t imagine skating while tripping. Space time is not in the same realm as your body. That sounds like one of those things that would be a really great time until it becomes a really bad time.

6 Likes

It’s really hard and I don’t recommend it. I get really paranoid and find myself constantly looking around to find cars so that means I gotta go a slow pace of 20mph but then you forget you’re riding a board and you take a step forward for some reason. You’re then rolling on the ground and asking yourself why it hurts and fuck fuck fuck gotta keep rolling to avoid the car. Good shit tom cruise, you’re alive. Wait what? None of that happened, Im a few feet from my driveway

16 Likes

Yes :pray:

So true :call_me_hand:

Fucking priceless :rofl: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

I would not recommend it unless you take a very small dose. And are very experienced.
It’s super intense! You can really feel the flow and want to carve all day. And my legs get a lil wobbly. But I think my sense of speed was fucked and my depth perception too.

But, ya your right it was all good till it was all bad.
My old lady ate shit right in front of me. Hasn’t skated since. Lol

4 Likes

How do you feel about riding your EUC like that? Easier than esk8?

I enjoyed it a ton, but to be fair it had a max speed of around 17mph :joy:

5 Likes

Turns out i needed 410s. 390s were a total no go, 400s fit but were wayyyy too tight and barely even went on with the motors all the way forward.

6 Likes

Had a feeling.

3 Likes

The bag of random belts is now larger than ever.

4 Likes

Worst part. I found more…

2 Likes