Let's buy/build a high performance Esk8 carver/ race skate (for science, and for reals)

Nope, no doubt

2 Likes

@Venom121212 shockblocks are made by Riptide and are custom

2 Likes

Every good skateboard requires turning a couple wrenches. Even the $5k ones

5 Likes

First of all, they certainly aren’t matrix 2. All designed and made by Alex and team.

Second, the bushings are a custom shape made by riptide. Only used in hypertrucks.

Third, technically “anti wobble tech” is just a stable truck, and these are by far the most stable I’ve ever ridden. And I have ridden all the trucks. Lol

Edit: @DerelictRobot here we go

4 Likes

This :+1:t3::joy:

4 Likes

These are two of the best homies in the esk8 scene…

TF?:face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Okay that shit is funny :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Lol don’t get me started it’s too late🤣 I love everyone after midnight

After reading the pregnant dog comment I just imagined Alex in his winged shoes riding around on a pregnant dog. Fucked up. :joy:

3 Likes

You mean Master Shredder.

Which is his title whether or not he likes it. He picked the helmet, it’s his doing.

He has more of a “sporty doctor’s housewife” look to me.

One of these days, I’ll obtain my doctorate, then obtain my Alexandre

2 Likes

And riptide is boss

1 Like

Clearly you own these trucks and/or are sensitive to this subject so I’ll clarify for you.

No they are not matrix 2 trucks nor do I think they are. They are a different brand of truck made by a different company. I’m making a comparison to the most similar ones out there that I’ve ridden. The old Lacroix used matrix trucks and blocks, they made their own new trucks and made their own shock blocks to fit. Wonderful, I love urethane blocks and don’t care for springs from the riding I’ve done.

I still relate them to extra sturdy and wide matrix 2s EFFECTIVELY NOT LITERALLY

@JohnnyMeduse no I did not try the new blocks and I am very excited to try them out on Andrew’s setup when I come visit Sean. I love my matrix 2s and clearly you upgraded to your trucks in your new build for a reason. When I buy new mtb trucks, yours are on the top of my list for stability, width, anesthetics, and urethane block usage. I had a bad experience with cast trucks before and there is always a lingering fear one will snap again. I want to try the hypertrucks offroad as well. Will different shock block duros be available?

3 Likes

Yeah, we have like 6 different duro, ranging from 60a to 90a

5 Likes

Great to hear. I asked riptide about making different duros for matrix trucks and he never replied. Now I know why :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Sorry everyone got poopy pants because I didn’t clarify on my meaning of same style of shock block vs same exact shock block. I was drinking last night and will edit my post for clarification sake.

And @DerelictRobot my ride was even shorter. I clarified it before you even posted bud. Mentioned above how I’d like to have ridden it more. Johnny (I think it was?) was quite upset when I asked to ride it, saying that everyone was riding his board and was very verbal about it. Handed me his remote and walked away saying “well hurry up”.

So not exactly a great first experience. Plus it was on the dirt track, like mentioned, and I would like to have ridden on the street more, like we both mentioned.

Now I’m not coming to visit you.

4 Likes

You wound me.

I guess I was curious why you had such a hard opinion on them given relatively little experience with them + a perceived misconception about the shockblocks being used.

This is how it came across to me:

Which is a pretty hard edge given your claimed hands on with them, and hence why I asked what made you feel that way.

All in the spirit of healthy debate.

And yeah, @JohnnyMeduse is usually a big crabapple but he’s French so I’m pretty sure it’s a protected class thing.

2 Likes

WTF??? French!!! and Canoodlian!!!
we’re getting close to the three-strike rule here
:rofl::heart_eyes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::rofl:

3 Likes

That’s the saddest and funniest part about this:

When I read that post, it’s a positive comparison to my favorite trucks I’ve ridden, matrix 2. Everyone else thinks I hate hypertrucks now lol.

That ugly “just” spawned so much hate, fair. I should have thrown more compliments to balance it out.

In the end I still mentally equate them a stronger, wider, matrix 2 as they’re the only 2 mtb trucks utilizing dual urethane shock blocks.

Prove me wrong, fight me, or both.

6 Likes

Jeez at least buy him dinner first

4 Likes

Man I luv a good chick fight as much as the next guy, all the hair pulling, biting and mashing of nails and teeth…
but when it comes to two guys fighting in panties… a line has to be drawn somewhere…

:joy::heart_eyes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::laughing:

5 Likes