Let's buy/build a high performance Esk8 carver/ race skate (for science, and for reals)

? Sorry just finished up my hw and my brain ain’t computing…

Stooge wheels are done at least for now, supplier stopped making them

2 Likes

I’m not spoiling the fun for moe… But he told me a week or two ago that he may or may not have started production/sampling with another company…

1 Like

all it takes is buckets of money to change a persons mind…

1 Like

Good to hear

1 Like

@kook Production and sampling seems to have started up again, but it would take more then a couple boatloads of money to get moe’s old guy back. What I heard is that the guy was a top rc car and small scale racing wheel manufacturer who was gettin old and shut down shop for unknown reasons…

it may be possible to “obtain” prior knowledge and equipment, if the aspects of his old business would economically carry the esk8 racing wheel team

1 Like

:wink: Esk8 race Wheel team, a proud sponsor of the Baja 1k :grin:

1 Like

let’s not get carried away… hahahaha… baby steps!

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve got the parts list for a moestooge copy cat build if you want them in a pm :wink:

1 Like

Damn Justin :joy:

I don’t see the appeal of the new lacroix either but obviously others do…

3 Likes

It’s the best board on the market rn but he’s right those are marketing gimmicks lol, but they’re damn fine trucks

1 Like

You would think they would scrap MBS rockstars on a full luxury board and make some noice aluminium hubs

Also I’ve seen a fair amount of complaints about the motors and lights

3 Likes

Yeah idk anything about mountainboard shit, the hubs don’t bend tho so🤷‍♂️ isn’t mbs quality shit?

1 Like

And light mount isn’t great yeah, but motors is just usual maytech bullshit

1 Like

I don’t think they come from maytech but saite

2 Likes

They’re maytech

2 Likes

This is a pretty bold statement from someone who’s spent all of an hour on these trucks. Care to expand on what makes you feel this way?

Unless ‘all bushings are the same’ then the statement on bushing blocks isn’t true either.

I’m very familiar with the mechanical design differences between the two trucks, which to me present a different riding experience and boardfeel. What makes you state that they are “extra wide matrix trucks”?

Last thing I’ll say is, while I won’t comment on any claims of stabilization tech, the bottom line is in the real world they are intrinsically more stable at speed than any other channel truck on the market. This is anecdotal first hand experience, but I have thousands of road miles as a basis of comparison and the real world impact is tangible and measurable.

6 Likes

Get him

1 Like

As if there was a doubt in anyone’s mind I enjoyed debate team in highschool.

4 Likes