Let's buy/build a high performance Esk8 carver/ race skate (for science, and for reals)

Currently all decks already set up for order, working on having decks, flex pcb and enclosure available for spring.

9 Likes

I’m def interested in deck and enclosure also! Great work

2 Likes

hmmmm I’ve been pondering the surprisingly low Wh/Km values and figured my wheel dia. gear ratio were off.

@Kaly, @Deodand
can anyone tell me where on the Unity UI I can find where to set my gear ratio?
I’ve found the cleverly hidden wheel dia. adjustment but can’t for the life of me find a place to update my gear ratio…

please don’t tell me that the desktop app is the ONLY way to update this as I do not wish to break open the enclosure…

thanks

1 Like

Hmmmm for science…
I couldn’t find anywhere to alter my gear ratio 4:1, and the Unity UI seems to come up with a default with 97mm… for science I went out with my 97mm wheeled board, the Unity UI and a GPS speed and distance monitoring software… after 5 miles the UI and the GPS were in agreement to the 100th of a Km… so what I’m going to try next:

The Kaly comes with 200-ish tires and a 4:1 gear ratio… I’m going to put 50mm in the wheel setting on the Kaly and try it again!

1 Like

@mackann solved this for me… thanks brah!

3 Likes

Measured the circumference and came up with a wheel/tire dia. of 197mm vs 200mm, I’m going to use this and see how it goes!

1 Like

@kook

Come to San Diego and let’s tour Barrett junction.

I’m headed north On 26th to grab a board near Irvine. Wanna skate? Are u in LA?

2 Likes

I’m in Esco… and after just getting back from driving in INSANE holiday traffic, I’m not going out again till after the holiday and it’s 70 degrees… minimum…

hahahaahahaha you heading to Barrett NOW?

Tommorrow/Thursday would probably be mucho mejor for me!!!

I hate Friday traffic and heading to Baja Saturday!

3 Likes

Oh after reading and comprehending…
:thinking: :woozy_face: :wink: :smile: :shushing_face: :woozy_face:
I’m up for a Barrett run the 26th!!!

1 Like

I use the relive app to bounce distances off vesc numbers and dial in my tire circ.

(Not my ride pictured, but that’s what I have to keep up with if I want to ride with some out here. Like a moestooge but minus all inhibitions)

3 Likes

Barrett Junction is a café/bar?

2 Likes

Barrett Junction
Kalifornien 91917
USA

3 Likes

negative ghost rider

It’s probably the scabbiest, piece of unforgiving/crappy/shit asphalt that a sanctioned skateboard race has ever been raced on… and I’ts about an hour south of home… :woozy_face: :heart_eyes: :woozy_face:

4 Likes

I’ll Go-Pro the ride and crappy piece of shit pavement on Thursday…

3 Likes

3 Likes

Barret Junction always sounds like a booze run. :rofl:

2 Likes

The twisty line above the straightish line… The straight line is state hwy 94

3 Likes

It can be… But after the skating’s done

2 Likes

@kook
I think the unity app was develop for hub motors only a 1:1 ratio.
To monitor the unity I use the Xmatic

1 Like

@Kaly… this actually works quite well to get gear ratio!

and as an aside, what’s your secret in getting Xmatic to get data from the Unity? I can get it to connect to the bluetooth module but can’t for the life of me get any data output to my fone…