Let's buy/build a high performance Esk8 carver/ race skate (for science, and for reals)

Carve PDX, tentative dates late July 2020

We’ll make an announcement very soon.

7 Likes

I have to book one more flight. :rofl:

5 Likes

2 Likes

His Kaly-Cat.

4 Likes

Ya, I like how Andrew just mushed the two together, with the Kaly deck, and Nazare trucks together. Best of both worlds maybe?

4 Likes

This is my DIY Kaly 2.0 build.

And LoveChild.

Rambling comparison here: Let's buy/build a high performance Esk8 carver/ race skate (for science, and for reals)

I will say that LoveChild rides much more like a Nazere than a Kaly, so maybe not a 50/50 mix. My intention in using the Kaly XL deck was to take advantage of a stiffer deck with wings/gaspedals and a more aggressive front/back end angle. Also the higher arch to your Kaly means I can use red baseplates vs blue, keeping a thicker enclosure without any additional risk of clearances underneath.

9 Likes

Fucking tits homie! Thank you again for letting me ride her. Whole reason I want to deck swap my emtb.

3 Likes

Yeah trying all of Andrews boards definitely gave me a baseline for what I wanted out of a street carver.

4 Likes

When were talking high performance
Grip is #1. You are only as good as your contact patch.

Accel/Decel. Board should outperform the rider limits and be tunable to riders capabilites.

Stability /Control. Ability to Dial in a 25mph track or 50mph track has to be optional. Making wedge, bushing and other adjustments at the track is paramount.

Drivetrain. In order to finish first you first must finish. Pushing electronics to their max is a recipe for disaster. Anything that is pushing temp limits is an automatic mistake.
What ever connection means used to drive the wheels needs durable enough to take whats being delivered to it.
Hit these points and you have a good raceboard.:checkered_flag:

Cant wait to see what is brought to the 2020 racing season.

17 Likes

True story. I’ve got 4 different duro sets of inserts and still playing around with the duro and tightness combo after 2 weeks. Its never going to be as good a system as standardized bushings, but it has its place for sure.

6 Likes

So are there a lot of people that want gear drives on hypertrucks? I might consider making the design im working on fit them too if people want that?

6 Likes

I don’t see why anyone wouldn’t.
I would imagine people willing to drop money on those trucks would be willing to drop money on gear drives.

5 Likes

those trucks are sold as a complete drivetrain. All included, trucks, mounts, wheels, (pulleys? And motors?)

I wonder if it would be possible to buy just the trucks and how they would sell them.

2 Likes

I’m working on it

8 Likes

All we would need is for moon to make an adapter/clamp?

2 Likes

Just need help with the design…

3 Likes

As Long as it doesn’t look like a dong

2 Likes

No promises

3 Likes

I think @3dservisas is making a CNC hanger replacement for matrix trucks, it will be easier to obtain. If what makes those hypertrucks so special is the width shockblocks and the fact that they are precision, longer CNCed hangers coupled with those metal baseplates could be an alternative. Or am I missing something?

3 Likes

Too late in my mind you pinky swore already.

2 Likes