Let's buy/build a high performance Esk8 carver/ race skate (for science, and for reals)

What’s your take, Andrew?
Kaly or Nazare?

3 Likes

I’m just cuter when I do it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

meanwhile i’m carving around at 30mph on the loosest trucks you’ve ever stood on. Oh wait, that’s because of my decks. I probably do still have weak ankles.

8 Likes

Did you try any Lacroix after Colorado?

To be honest we had just assemble the first set of truck prior to that events and most of our busing weren’t not final formula.

6 Likes

Neither have I. Send me one.

6 Likes

That’s a really tough one. I only have 100 miles or so on an actual Nazere but I found it to be an incredible ride. I’ve got 6k miles on my KalyKat build, but they’re such different boards you’d have to be Special @Kellag to try to directly compare.

Kaly is a more aggressive Carver, tighter turning radius, more compact.

The Nazere (and LoveChild) feels built for deeper carving in the 25-35+ range where the Kaly shines for me with quicker, dartier, carving around 20-25.

I can gun it straight on the HyperTrucks and not have to worry about stabilizing the rear. I keep a quick rhythmic sustained carve going at 25+ on the Kaly to keep the springs engaged, thus adding stability.

I’m just waking up, sorry for the rambling.

14 Likes

I would… but it is not completely up to me.

2 Likes

You May Be sending me one… and me and a stack of Dead Presidents says so!

:heart_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::+1:t4:

1 Like

What? You’re like the big boss. Don’t tell me that other guy is running the show. When you came down to visit a couple years ago you said you were going to be the biggest boss of esk8. We even did a mockup using raptor motors and a leaf spring from my truck.

7 Likes

I just don’t want any Trump

4 Likes

Thank You!

2 Likes

how about Mexican Presidents?

1 Like

No problem! I honestly love all 3 of my street Carver builds. I couldn’t sell a single one because each is such a completely different riding experience, all very enjoyable.

5 Likes

I’m just the big boss of you.

I was thinking more about gaining weight, I lost my shape after the 30’s started.

Shuuuutttttt I’m still finalizing the prototype.

Is that worth more than canadian pesos?

2 Likes

after reading your thoughts, it sounds like if I were to go race these boards, the Kaly would be the “short track” racer, and the LaCroix the long track racer.

both honestly sound fun as fuck!

2 Likes

Honestly I don’t know the exchange rate Canoodlian monies to South of the Border ducats!

but I’d guess similar

2 Likes

Yeah that’s a good way to look at it, I just assume everyone rides 35+ and long range. But if you’re not looking for top speed or long range the Kaly is super comfortable. Ernesto and Archie just piss me off lol

3 Likes

This is accurate imo.

Another thing to consider is, and I’m sure there will be those that disagree with me, but the HyperTrucks aren’t as well suited for off-road/AT simply due to their width. So if AT/off-roading are a consideration, it’s not that you can’t do so on a Nazere, but realistically it’s a very large board so it’ll be tight on trails, easier to bottom out etc

8 Likes

I would never off-road on the pregnant dog lol, that thing scratches enough as is on the street

6 Likes

Those HyperTrucks were born for the road anyway.

I am considering a second set and I don’t even know what I’d put them on. Street Haero? People would hate.

4 Likes