Let there be ESK8 lights

Ever hook these up and wire them? Just ordered a pair… any suggestions are appreciated.

Hey.
Any suggestions to what would fit the boardnamics hangers? Some small and sleek lights. With rechargable batteries preferably.

1 Like

you can buy extra motor mount hanger clamps then print an adapter to bolt nearly any light on.

The dimensions for the threaded holes in that clamp are… … … … .somewhere

built in fine adjustment for angle which is dope, I owuld have it on another bolt thom, prob a gopro adaper?

4 Likes

I have no printer, nor do i know of anyone with it.
But that’s a very good suggestion anyway. I might use it someday. (If i dont find a bolt on solution)

1 Like

yup ran them on my flux for some time. just plugged them right into the charge port - no buck or step down needed.

FYI I plugged them into my 20S ebike and the board started smoking - so 12S is fine but I wouldn’t go higher than that without a buck

pics:

5 Likes

@Boardnamics Can you tell us about these four holes? I want to use them to make light mounts. Ideally you tell me the radius so my light mounts can also be adjustable like your mounts :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks! They arrive today. I’m a little confused about the positive wire to the LED circular light and how to wire that and how to control having them on/off. But I’ll dig some more today - glad to hear they worked. Do you think one in the front / on in the back is sufficient for street riding or do both need to pointing out front?

you should be fine with just one - honestly putting one out back might be a little too bright for a brake light if you go that route I would just use a bunch of red vinyl to tone it down and make it red in color. Maybe point it down too.

RE: wiring I just hook them up so when they are on both lights (ring and main) are on

thanks! I’ll probably end up with more complicated at some point but really just want something for now to be seen by cars when it’s dark…

1 Like

My 30€ solution. 30€ for the flashlight that is. Works fine, has a good throw and needs recharging maybe once a week, if I drive every night. Which I mostly do with a battery bank for my phone.

3 Likes

Saw this guy at menards yesterday but didn’t grab it. Looks like an easy way to be seen on your helmet.

2 Likes

You know you live in the Midwest when

5 Likes

Haha where else can you buy a shed, a sink, and groceries all in one trip?

7 Likes

Damn straight :corn:

3 Likes

I need help from the LED gurus:

I have a COB led Strip that is rated for 24V. I found a driver for them here

What do I connect to these

In order to adjust brightness? I know absolutely nothing about LED systems and cant figure out the magic combination of words to google, so please be gentle

I Googled the model number and got this: http://www.leddynamics.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/A009_BuckBlock.pdf

It explains how you can dim using a potentiometer and has lots of other info too.

Another way I like to track down info is to find the manufacturer’s web site and search for the model number there. You can often find other goodies like application notes that show different ways the product can be used and/or things to do and not do in order to get the best out of the product. The datasheet seems to have all that already in it…I’m impressed.

1 Like

Interesting new thing from Maxkgo/flipsky (not sure who maxkgo is… anyone heard of them?)

Looks like it plugs in to your esc and changes light color and behavior based on your signal.

6 Likes

Flipsky sells it here: Flipsky ESK8 Sport Waterproof LED Strip Controller For Longboard | Sco – FLIPSKY

But you might get a better deal from here (manufacturer?): ESK8 Sport LED Strip Controller Compatible with VESC/FSESC/Focbox for

3 Likes

Oh wow, it’s literally an ESP32 breakout board lol (and a buck converter)

The hardware itself is dirt cheap, but a small price to pay for someone else to do all the coding. And probably pretty easy to hack and modify.

I wonder what the input voltage is on the buck. Probably not more than 10 or 12S, but it isn’t listed

4 Likes

Anyone tried the new Shredlights Sl-300 (would like to hook them up via cable for charging/and control via PPM on one of the addtional buttons) (nanox/tramapa wand)

1 Like