Let there be ESK8 lights

I think she got them from a thrift shop for $2.

1 Like

hmmm I’m not getting notification on this thread…anyway, sorry for the later reply on this. Mine had those rails/grill marks as well, what I did was cut little strips of the foam double sided tape and stuck them to the grooves, then I put on a full strip of tape. It’s been solid so far!

1 Like

For a light, I’d use Samsung 50E

2 Likes

please explain reasoning B

1 Like

They are a higher capacity but lower discharge. On a light, the lower discharge I think is probably okay?

Depends on your current draw needs.

On a skate motor, high-drain is more import methinks.

4 Likes

I’m not familiar enough with what a higher discharge cell would do in a light. The light doesn’t have a programmable light controller AFAIK so would a higher discharge even make it brighter?

No, it would not make it brighter.

2 Likes

Led drivers are typically constant current and variable voltage, so battery voltage can impact brightness not output current

4 Likes

Awesome. Thanks for the @! I’m stoked to see the progress on this. I would probably want to put the battery pack on the back of my head too, and looking at my visor, I don’t have a cool slot in the middle to fit the light on, but knowing you can remove a large chunk of that plastic is really great.

At this point however, I’m leaning towards just saying “fuck it” and slapping two shredlights on either side of my visor. This set up is tempting though.

2 Likes

So then no real benefit from using a higher amp rated cell of equal voltage and capacity? Maybe a bit more life span due to using an even more conservative discharge?

Unless you’re running an atv led bar any storage class 18650 will do, salvaged laptop 18650s are great for this. It’s what I use exclusively in flashlights.

4 Likes

This is exactly what I use in my flashlights. it feels like a waste to use something with higher capability that would otherwise go into a higher calling.

…a dying p-group might be another option for light duty (pun!) if you catch it and capacity check the individual cells

3 Likes

10 Likes

What are those lights!? And the display screen upfront? Looks nice asf
When your lights consume the same amount of power as you motors

The front lights are called solarstorm, you could find it on aliexpress. They are connected to a power bank so they take no power from my eskate battery at all.
The screen in front is a Davega X, you could find it and purchase it from a thread in this Forum.

3 Likes

Epic idea using a handlebar extender I have been looking for a option to move my lights off the top of my deck…

Try this?

this elevates the bull bars even more. I am using this because of how most lights are designed to fit on a cylinder surface, there are hardly any lights that you could mount directly to Trampa trucks.

1 Like

Not in the hundreds of drivers iv used all PWM CV drivers out sell CC drivers by a landslide you might as well say the earth is flat and most people understand that

Maybe it’s just the ones I’ve been using, I’ll double check em

1 Like

Legendary mate thanks :+1::beer: