Let there be ESK8 lights

Nice you managed to fit the pcb into the remote? Hell ya!

3 Likes

Does anyone know what LED the old shredlights used?

I have a few q5s and t6s that may get sacrificed, but having a bogey to target would be nice.

those look cool bro! Hey anyone know an easy way w/o drilling to mount this ? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07W5FLK1C/ref=crt_ewc_title_dp_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2GDCLCLHKU9YC

3 Likes
  • Basic LED strip at front and rear
  • 144 leds/m
  • RGB not RGBW (later twice the price but might get some going into next winter)
  • When moving the front lights are white
  • When stopped for 3 seconds it changes to show battery level (green)
  • ESP32 controlled, gets battery level from VESC via serial
  • 3D printed light-bar
  • note: aware that the front screw is missing. Not needed so will iterate and reprint light-bar without it

12 Likes

I have it, and love it on my Kaly. The accelerometer isn’t 100% accuruate, sometimes it jsut turns on when riding over a speedbump, but I haven’t had any problems with it so far. Completely made out of metal, had it dangling against a motor by accident on a ride, and it just got a couple of scratches. Probably the light that has lasted the longest for me so far. 10/10 for the money.

3 Likes

Looks like an expensive hammer to me… God you could break your board if you drop that on it by accident lol

its like a headlight for a tank though :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah, definitely looks like it. And if that thing had a flash button on it like my flashlight, I’d probably give every single cab driver that I shine it at a seizure. That’d be funny, but also very counter-intuitive. https://www.amazon.com/Klarus-XT2CR-Rechargeable-Flashlight-Lumintrail/dp/B07K348NSK/
That’s the light I have. Much more portable, still bright enough (1600 lumens), maybe a little too small for a tank, but definitely functional.

1 Like

Amen brother. I lost mine one night after a ride and sunlight was fading so I called it quits. Had a massive storm that night and found it the next day. Turned right on.

9 Likes

5 Likes

Nice, which holder is that? handle and connecting plate are 3D printed?

1 Like

Yes, the last piece is not there yet, but everything else is on thingiverse

2 Likes

awsome, thanks!

Very nice where did you get the code i have been looking for some addressable battery indicator code

I looked through GitHub, found some VESC related libraries and coded it myself.

Here’s a library I use, and there are other projects that use it. Enjoy!

3 Likes

7 Likes

Purchased a 5000lm EDC handheld flashlight and will be mounting a 180degree bike light to the back of my backpack. Is that enough lighting?

2 Likes

Yes it is, should be more visible on your backpack too. I use an EDC handheld, gives much better lighting than board mounted solutions due to the angle.

1 Like

Also just ordered one of these jackets

2 Likes