Let there be ESK8 lights

I tried 4 times to upload the video…works and then becomes unavailable due to server problems…and only with that specific video. Theres no copyrighted music going on or anything. Dont know what’s the issue

The issue is that you’re using facebook. Try youtube or something else that’s made for video.

3 Likes

That’s what I meant. I originally put it on YouTube before it became unavailable

@b264 Tried it again. Scroll back and see if it works?

Wow, that’s awesome

1 Like

Has any one made a simple little PCB that can take a UTAR in put from a VESC See when brakes applied. Then output a reduced level to the tail light weren’t there’s no braking signal seen? I can fined PPM rc bits

Only thing Close I’ve seen is this but I’m just thinking all I want is to turn on and off lights from a nunchuck style remote and have the tail light increasing brightness under braking.

Why not just use another receiver so you don’t need to connect to the VESC at all? One PWM (“PPM”) receiver per ESC and another receiver for the lighting system.

You could even put it on your helmet if you wanted to.

How would it know when you apply brakes unless you used both transmitters all the time?

You only use one transmitter.

So if I’m following right your suggesting binding 2 receivers to 1 transmitter?

No, I was actually suggesting binding 3 receivers to one transmitter.

2 Likes

@b264 What device/software would you use to implement the active brake lights? I’m at a loss ever since my photon melted. I’m impatient, want to install active brakes and a horn but i missed out on beta for the ttl system

Check out this project. I’m not sure if @Mich21050 is still working on it but it just may be what you’re looking for.

I really want to design a simple controller for just head and tail lights, but it will have to wait till my other projects are in more stable states.

Yeah, something like that :arrow_up: or I have some code I wrote for an ATTINY2313A microcontroller that works great.

Right now there isn’t anything on the market … yet …

2 Likes

Well j just found out that the metal bracket holding the lightbar to my board is made with very crappy material…screw pulled through it with vibrations and kept a piece to itself. Time to create a new one

3 Likes

Yep, I have a huge washer on mine

That mount sucks, I had the same issue. Then when I added washers to distribute the load, the two arms broke in half instead of the base lol.

1 Like

@Saturn_Corp thought it would happen. It’s just a bitch to install (I have to dissemble the entire truck to get to my screw)

3 Likes

Did smthng similar for my bar lights. Mounting bracket is made out of steel that I just transformed from a light blank-up cover plate.

4 Likes

@pixelsilva Your asymmetrical cables still hurts my ocd

6 Likes