Let there be ESK8 lights

Kamen hasn’t made a forum thread for it but he responded a few times in the Zmote thread, he’s @Zyb

I’m running a receiver with a high-low trigger in combination with an Alpha kit DBS switch, works great.

4 Likes

Pedego ebike lights. Good for 48v. 40$ each.
road specific (I.e. shaped light cone that doesn’t make you that guy with bright fuck-off lights aimed at other riders and cars eyeballs)

2 pin Juliet connectors stock. E-bike mechanic at Temecula Pedego threw in a Juliet connector harness for me to cut and solder on. Cool guy, showed me a bike trailer, told me his neurotic Australia shepherd wouldn’t tolerate it. No way George would then.

Mounted in 20mins to matrix hangers. I approve.

6 Likes

And then the Lezyne 500 lumen 52v e-bike single light, (60-70$ for one). Not shaped, gets hot to touch in 2 mins if not riding with airflow. GoPro mount.

3 Likes

Uploading: IMG_5085.jpeg…
Uploading: IMG_5090.jpeg…
:man_shrugging:

Got a link for these or a model number?

1 Like

Also, let me throw some shade real quick. Temecula is wannabe wine country with1 highway that runs through it.

It’s 5 lanes wide on both sides for most of the city, but always jammed. They are idiots, cannot drive, plan, or small government. Worst part of any commuters route. Avoid at all costs. :unamused:

3 Likes

Can attest. Temecula traffic sucks.

1 Like

What’s the best way to wire board lights?

1 Like

How did you attach it to the trucks? is it a rubber loop?

1 Like

“best” is relative, but here is one way.

1 Like

this is how i run my lights off the battery, it just goes between the charge port and charge leads off the battery. then you can add whatever lights you desire into it and shut it off if you have a smart bms

Thx, I dont have a loop key. Can I turn of the lights by the discharge toggle switch in the BMS softwarer?

It depends on a lot of things, but yes that’s likely to work.

1 Like

Do you have a fused charge port, if so how did you wire it?

yes my charge port is fused, @Skyart built by battery and he connected the charge ports to the pack with xt60’s. that also conveniently allows me to add that pigtail in the above pics to wire in lights. i can shut them off completely in the smart bms app by turning off the discharge side of the pack.

wiring isn’t very organized but i just wanted it to all fit well enough that i could go out riding lol

2 Likes

Thanks for the video. It appears that the charge port fuse is on the BMS side of the pigtail. I appreciate the buck converter with the two USB outputs; is it USB-C? Also, do you have a link for the lights? Thanks again

1 Like

yes the fuse is on the bms side. you can grab them off amazon with usb a or usb c.
rgb strip
dc converters

edit:
talked with the seller and this buck converter is supposed to output 3a to each usb output and is hv capable with a 85v limit. ordered one, should be here mid-late next month. if i remember, i’ll post an update.

1 Like

contemplating grabbing a couple of these
5A Type C

1 Like

doesn’t look like a bad choice, i’m too impatient tho lol

It’s a metal loop and I flipped it 180 degrees, removed reflector