Let It All Burn; Batteries, That Is

That was the container I was trying to remember! Thanks for posting.

1 Like

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: My medical issues can often make traveling difficult but perhaps some day it will happen.

3 Likes

Get that pretty little thang to travel to you! You’re worth it!

3 Likes

:sunglasses: :rofl:

5 Likes

LOL…some serious LiPo density there. Open the bag a touch and during runway you could watch the bag rocket off into the sunset. :joy:

8 Likes

Needs wheels

4 Likes

Oh absolutely. I agree. Part of my research was literally watching videos of people doing dumb battery fire stunts on YouTube, and a consistent thing I saw was a cell would rocket off after it blew. This is why in the 3 cell test and the piercing clip, the cells are all taped down with high temp PFTE/fiberglass tape. And in the slow motion shot, you can see the tape get pulled back when the positive caps turn into jets.

We had discussed that containing shrapnel is a great thing the bag does.

However, since the marketing and “reviews” of the bag really really pushed “peace of mind” and “safe”, it felt important to simply display what a full fire could look like, and that when this stuff happens indoors, “less of a complete warzone” does not equal “peace of mind.”

This is all NOT commentary towards your comment, I’m just trying to (as always is the case when I can’t shut the hell up) give context.

I feel like most of my hours are spent explaining context…should probably work on that.

3 Likes

Anyway, thank you folks, really, for the support and for such a positive response.

Since it’s not a Onewheel fire, I knew going in that this video wasn’t going to rake in the tons of views that other videos do, but this video was mostly for me. I wanted it to happen, and to exist.

Struthless on YT said, that John Mayer said (when asked about how he writes songs), that as an artist, you do one for them, one for you. This one was for me. And if it resonated with you folks, I’m all the more grateful for the support.

9 Likes

Only with fire and toxic gasses spewing out of its head and arms.

3 Likes

This is true. I’ve both had those fumes in my eyes, and lungs (which I know I will pay for dearly as I age further), and I’ve had pepper spray in my eyes.

Given the discomfort of both, I cannot readily tell much difference between the two with any detail.

My professional opinion:

That shit hurt.

7 Likes

Help spread the word! I would love to see more support for the great testing Mario is doing…shared the link on my FB and IG pages and I hope you do too.

Tried to mix in a little appeal for the pyro in all of us along with some logical reasons to watch. :grinning:

16 Likes

with obviously little real world testing!

I hope this company doesn’t make any bullet or stab ‘proof’ vests :grinning:

2 Likes

Nobleman Tech (or is it Nobleman? I don’t actually know…) has commented on the video/testing. I pinned it on my video, so it stays at the top. It’s a pretty decent response. I’m content with it currently, since there’s not much else for me to do but move forward.

2 Likes

Sounds like they might actually be starting to learn a bit about cell fires and what their bags need to do….hopefully.

1 Like

Actually, I take that back. I sniffed some sly words that I am currently responding to.

1 Like

no offense taken :slight_smile: Healthy discussion thats good to have. Dont worry to much about stepping on toes, those taking offense need to work on thier debating skills before they jump into conflict imo.

Overall a good video, I wish I could share the firetest videos I got at work but they’re very secret etc. Maybe when we discontinue the product I can see to it that they get released. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

The Bat Safe performed really well assuming you stay within its spec limit!

4 Likes

Seeing the bat safe brings up a thought - how difficult would it be to build a similar box? I imagine two nesting steel boxes would get you most of the way there, and then attach a tube and couple it to a flame arrestor screen as a vent. You could then in theory route the exit past the arrestor outside using ducts as well.

the 2nd test was really scary since it was only like 350 ish WH.

2 Likes

Yep, i have a couple of these. Never destructively tested, but they seem solid quality for the price. Of course, you have to mind the capacity limits.

A similar box for the batteries some guys on here use would be huge.