Legit DIY Onewheel XR build guide

TBH One of the big things I’ve been waiting for is manufacturers and vendors to start selling parts, this is a HUGE step for open builds. So thanks for doing this!

lets make 400+bucks onewheel happen lol

3 Likes

400$ would be nice.

But 300$ frame + 165$ motor + 60$ cfoc2 + 100$ battery = ~650$

Also the phub-188 is slow AF :sob:

Still, many countries, you cant even buy a onewheel, and it will run much better than any of those absurd china clones.

Sad, the new phub188 48v 800w is actually very fast, runs 38kmh no load, feels pretty solid in terms of speed

1 Like

if we can do a group buy from peipei hub is going to be like around 75$ bucks without shipping, shipping is gonna be freaking expensive(around 80)

3 Likes

on 12s? Ill have to test mine, its probably like 5km lol

I got it nearly 2 years ago now

lol i just got mine few days ago, they run like super fast, gotta edit some ridding footage later, feels pretty legit

1 Like

I need to do this single pad design of yours with a sheet of Velostat on top. It’s going to be much thinner than the double sided version with spacer. Can you give me a hint on the values you are using for the voltage divider circuit and if you are feeding it with 3.3 or 5V?

Nice development on offering the frame parts. This will open up the custom OW market for sure.

this is easy wait a sec lemme draw a schematic for ya

3 Likes

Yeah ended up milling the 8020 to accept the nut it came with and used the bracket I made to tighten it down. Much much better now. I like your solution though, maybe on the next onewheel and when I get some lathe access.

Testing with 2 6s miniquad batteries before I built up a pack.

No footpad yet either, Just changed the roll cut out to be much smaller and I’ve mostly succeeded it tipping it over when I hop off.

1 Like

a foot pad is very vital to prevent the board flying off when u trynna get off the board and disengage

1 Like

Yeah going to put one in. For now a roll angle fault of 20 degrees works well for getting off. Lean back on heels (or toes) and it disengages

Like this: https://photos.app.goo.gl/iYWKpF5ojQjtKCzQ7

Yeah wouldn’t recommend going with out a foot pad but this works decent for prototyping/turning.

What pids did you end up with? With the 800w phub wheel, I ended up with p: 16-20 d:300. Imu Madgwick beta: .06. Rest default.

Still getting stuff like coughing on the wheel occasionally on start and dipping front door when turning. But getting closer.

Just made fenders for my little wheel,looking sweeeeet!(upload://htxIul2R6KHeMBU1LU6jWcDwqwR.jpeg)

2 Likes

4 Likes

The web shop is live my dudes!!! diyonewheel.com
All forum members gets free DHL airfreight shipping!!!
Plus a free bms pro when ordering the rail+footpad kit!!!

10 Likes

You’re making me really horny right here.
Please break my dream and tell me that the free shipping is US only and i gotta pays 900eruos + tax to get the in europe

which country? lets make it happen :laughing:

France, the only real country in europe :slight_smile:

1 Like