LAVAGIRL - tomiboi MTB | ubox v1 | 12s8p p42a | Luna 350s | Reacher 6485s

Yeah, I love em. And the red anodization matches the Lunas perfectly

6 Likes

Newest issue: when the motors spin, my entire drive seems to have a rotational shake. One side is worse than the other, but they both do it. Video below… any idea what causes this? Everything is freshly reassembled, loctite cured… maybe I’ll tear them apart again.

4 Likes

Apparently the washers I was using for spacers were not sufficient – switched to steel spacers and the issue is gone :+1:

4 Likes

She lives! And of course the month-long drought comes to an end the day I get my board running :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

It’s actually pretty dry so I went for a quick cruise. Man this board is gonna be awesome once I get everything dialed in.

The bushing setup I was using on my Evo definitely didn’t translate well – maybe a product of the wider trucks? Going to switch to some chubbies and fat cones, hope that stabilizes me a bit.

6 Likes

Shit, those trucks aint jocking, they are huge,
I remember a thread back in the days where it was being said than the wider the truck the less actual stability you get, curious to get your impression on that.

4 Likes

Switched out the bushings, everything feels a lot better. Running 93a chubbies and fat cones in the rear, and 93a barrels w/ 93a cones in the front.

Everything still feels a bit stiff… methinks some angle adjustments are needed. I’ll tackle that tomorrow.

My enclosure still has some minor rattle… I think it may be the battery. I’ve got a bunch of padding that keeps it secure to the touch, but it must not be holding up to the vibrations. I’ll have to velcro everything down.

2 Likes

Yeahhhhh my battery rattles too, I’ve yet to open it back up to put more padding. I think it’s the bottom of the battery since everything between the battery and deck is padded.

3 Likes

When I had Lunas I ran them at about 15 degree in the rear 40 front on a century same bushing set up as you but 96a in the back.

I didn’t have it for long but it worked pretty ok while I did

4 Likes

If anything, the longer the hanger, the less of an angle change you get when going over bumps on just 1 wheel :person_shrugging:

3 Likes

Went for my first decent ride today. Sadly to get my phone to pair with the ubox I had to power cycle it, so I’ve no idea what my efficiency looks like.

Took some glamour shots:

11 Likes

Also did a lil flex test… how perfect is this?

11 Likes

That’s awesome. Pretty much exactly what I’m looking for. Can’t wait to get my Tomiboi deck… seeing yours is making me excited

5 Likes

What enclosure is that do you think it would fit a Trampa Carver deck almost like the holy pro but little bit thinner

1 Like

I’m not sure but I doubt it would fit that deck

2 Likes

Check out eBoosted. He has a ton of different enclosures.

2 Likes

New tires from @RickSlide

Can’t wait to swap these onto my hubs, interested to see how they compare to the Clevers I’ve been running. The tread is pretty similar.

5 Likes

Awesome !

2 Likes

Slapped the Lacroix tires onto my hubs. God, I hate changing tires. First impressions are good, these seem really well balanced. Will report back.

8 Likes

Side note: does it look like I have enough axle thread catching here? With my current spacers there isn’t a lot of extra thread. Seems secure enough though.

4 Likes