LAVAGIRL - tomiboi MTB | ubox v1 | 12s8p p42a | Luna 350s | Reacher 6485s

So long as you can’t loosen the nut with your hand I’d say you’re good but that’s just what I would do to test it. Also check it often for the first few rides to be safe.

For science, can you try taking off the front hanger and putting it in a standard base long board base plate? Just to take a photo so I can see how it looks in case I decide that I want that rake even if it means using a very wide truck :rofl:

4 Likes

I’ve got these mounted on BN baseplates which are pretty standard. I sadly don’t have any other BPs to switch to :sob:

Love these hangars though, they’re just huge. Going to take some getting used to.

4 Likes

So does that mean it isn’t normal to just have base plates lying around in random places? :thinking:

4 Likes

Actually I think I should be able to do this for you…

4 Likes

If you do then you’ll have my thanks but my wallet will not thank you :rofl:

2 Likes

The fun came to an abrupt end. Board cut out on me while going uphill at about 25mph. It just turned off. VESC powered back on and worked just fine afterwards. Will have to look into it later…

At the ER now, unfortunately I think my kneecap is in pieces. This is a bad one.

4 Likes

Fucking shiiiiit. Damn dude, hoping for a speedy recovery

2 Likes

Did you cross a traffic light?

3 Likes

oof that isn’t good. I really hope you’re wrong and you just damaged the cushion in you knee and damaged a ligament like I did earlier this year as it is a much easier injury to heal. The speed was about the same as it was in my fall too and age is even the same.

3 Likes

Nope, was actually on a closed road with not even a car nearby. It’s a hill I’ve blasted up plenty of times previously on my Evo build. No idea what could’ve caused it. I thought it was the remote at first until I noticed my VESC was off

2 Likes

I hope so too, but it feels like my kneecap is fuuuucked

Still waiting tho, we shall see :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Can you still physically walk even if it hurts like hell though? if you can then that’s a good sign in general, and a quick google search shows that is the case for knee cap fractures too when the injury occurs.

Looks like if it is broken that you can walk on it while wearing a brace for it so maybe you can still skate too if it is fractured? :thinking: (listen to what the drs say though if you want to heal faster/ better)

1 Like

I can still put weight on it but it definitely doesn’t feel good.

Got called back, told a 2nd person what happened, now I’m in the waiting room again… hospitals suck.

Anyone have any idea why a VESC would just turn off? That’s not even a thermal throttling response, is it? Definitely wasn’t a temp issue either way.

1 Like

Is this a ubox?

3 Likes

Yes :upside_down_face:

Worth mentioning that I’ve flown up the same hill before at even faster speeds with the same controller. I was only in mode 2.

3 Likes

Did you ride it home after the fall?

2 Likes

No, but it was responsive afterwards. Had my girlfriend ride home and bring the car so I don’t mess up my potentially broken kneecap

2 Likes

You had your GF ride the board that cut out on you? :exploding_head::fire::laughing:

2 Likes

The VESC just turned off. At first I thought my remote unpaired, but then I noticed the board was off. Turned it back on and everything seemed normal.

1 Like

Nonono, she was with me on her scooter hahah

6 Likes