LAVAGIRL - tomiboi MTB | ubox v1 | 12s8p p42a | Luna 350s | Reacher 6485s

Something similar has happened to me before, and it was due to a battery that had severed a connection. With how flexible your board is I would check you battery and make sure all the series connection are super secure and good. The board would also turn on fine after and even spin up a little bit untill it would cut off again. This was because the severed series connections was hanging on by a hair…litterally like 2 strands

5 Likes

Just remembered I’m on 5.3 now… never had a single cutout with 5.2… maaaybe related?

1 Like

Are you using the firmware from the spintend website?

2 Likes

I’ll open her up and see whenever I’m able

& Yes, Spintend’s firmware

2 Likes

Hope it’s not too bad…5.1 duty cycle took my ankle a few years back. This stuff suuuuuuuuucks! Take it easy and heal quick brotha

4 Likes

Oooh yeah I had a cutout once and it was also due to a bad connection on the battery

2 Likes

Is your battery builder on here?

1 Like

Nope

1 Like

X-rays come back negative, no breaks somehow! Crazy, my kneecap feels way too squishy, but it’s apparently just fluid. I HAVE STRONG BONES

Going to tear the board apart tomorrow and examine battery connections. Hard to trust riding anytime soon unless I find an issue.

14 Likes

Lisa? She’s on here but not active.

2 Likes

Ah, didn’t even realize

Get better fast !

3 Likes

Seems accurate to what happened to me, and I’m glad you were wrong about it.

My knee was extremely swollen after too since I can’t ice injuries at all. Ice burns my skin due to Raynaud’s disease :upside_down_face:

let me find a photo real quick

Photos

oh and I could walk normally immediately but it took months before I could put weight directly on the knee via knelling. I even skated to the orthopedist less than 12 hours after the fall to get my elbow checked while carrying my dog with me. Hurt like hell though

1 Like

Damn Haven that sucks dude! Glad it’s not broken but no fun nonetheless. Hope you can figure out what’s up with the board and that it’s something as simple as a loose battery connection.

1 Like

That’s great to hear, might be time to invest in some knee pads it could also help bring back some confidence.

4 Likes

Was it a voltage cut off, or drawing to much current. Ive had this happen on lower battery.

2 Likes

This is all I had lying around, don’t know if it’s standard enough for you.

5 Likes

Looks like a slightly more fancy standard version with a weird riser from what I can tell. Good to see that it looks like it would work without issue or that it would only need minor alterations right above the pivot cup.

Does it also look like it would safely work IRL?

2 Likes

I think it’s for mounting it top mounted on a drop through deck without endangering the deck

3 Likes

It’s a weird Trampa thing but otherwise a normal ish RKP baseplate. I’m pretty sure it’d work fine and it’s meant to work fine…? But @moon would know best.

1 Like