Plutonium Slayer - 4WD TBDDxL 60kv|18s5p P42a| Dual Stormcore 100D

HV is high voltage, anything 14s and up is an HV system in this context

4 Likes

All is well, battery has been repaired, turns out i had some cold welds on the negative side of a few cells in a p group… battwry is rebuit. Currently uploading a ride video to you tube from a few days ago.

4 Likes

Do share link for our viewing pleasure.

2 Likes

Will do!

I’ve occasionally folded nickel over the cell edge and heard a few pops of welds breaking. Usually when my electrode tips get overly dull.

1 Like

This is probably the longest I havnt messed with a set up lol. I am really enjoying 18s and low kv motors, been riding a 12s and 190kv as a comparison, and it really does make a pretty significant difference in feel and power delivery. Will go up in tire size tho, the drives are getting quite the beating

16 Likes

such a sick setup

motor jealousy

1 Like

Those Lacroix wheels look fine as hell! What size are they?

1 Like

7" they are a really good set of wheels ride very nicely and are pretty well balanced too

3 Likes

Do they sell them on there website? I couldn’t find them

1 Like

Not always, they had these a few months back. They go in and out of stock from time to time

1 Like

Good to know thx!

1 Like

I see no motors up front, is it now a 2wd build?

1 Like

It is!

1 Like

How are you liking the Century versus the Evo @Skyart?

2 Likes

Its pretty much the same thing. Only difference is the DS century enclosure is a tad wider then the evo in the back, ride high is also a tad lower

3 Likes

What made you go to 2wd from 4wd?

1 Like

What size battery do you suggest for a 30 mile range based on your rational ?

1 Like

out of curiosity do you know if the max amps your low kv motors are capable of the same as your 190kv motors? ( what models are they? )

my current understanding i’ve been trying to explore more ( from rc motors ) is generally as the kv goes down so does the max amps the motor can handle.

which would suggest mechanical reduction (gear,pulley ratio) should retain more max power capability than kv reduction.

cc @Titoxd1000

I think in theory the best is high voltage, high kv, high gear ratio but the issue is high motor side inertia and high gear ratios mean the system will naturally have a lot of drag so not smooth output. High voltage, low kv, low gear ratio will have a very snappy response until you thermal throttle the motors

4 Likes