LAVAGIRL - tomiboi MTB | ubox v1 | 12s8p p42a | Luna 350s | Reacher 6485s

REPLACE IT! there is(almost certianly) damage to the foam shock absorbing structure likely you cant see. your head is worth it. If you want pay shipping, ill give you a black with white checkerboard stripe medium Shoei RF1000, your head will be better protected and FAR BETTER VENTALATION

4 Likes

thank you but i’m going to be taking advantage of the TSG saved my life discount as soon as they restock the mediums :slight_smile: appreciate the offer!

1 Like

i have come to this conclusion on the side of the road a few times,but i havent been able to keep it up. when my metroboard x lost pair o a steep hilll i sat my self down(i was on the ground anyway) i had decided i was done. i went back on it because,i got disability insurance and upgraded insurance,i moved to a fulll motorcycle suit and level 6/8 armor,motorcycle helmet, and finnaly a builder i trust & who I badger with my ride info if there is any hicup,or something on the wind. i fully expect to have a failure again.
I crashed my new THANE build at 32 mph today on the maden voyage. I feel fine,BECAUSE IM WEARING OVERKILL GEAR,i KNOW from experience the gear cant always save me. i absolutely cringe at the safety gear some of you wear,but an old broken man who rides too fast preaching and posting my injurys wont change your mind(unless you are @Shadowfax or hopefully @zero_ads,i want my new friends to LIVE ) we are engaging in maddness, .They used to laugh at me on motorcycles “are you dressing to fall down?!?!” “NO IM DRESSING TO GET UP!!”

I love this sport/activity, but there IS a reason i say to Artem when i die on my board its on me,and tell my kids if i die doing this i was in my happy place when i died,THERE WILL BE A SMILE ON MY FACE,it will not make me less dead.

i emplore those of you who will listen, ditch all non full face helmets and from my experience wear a real helmet(light weight MC).But im just a guy who has 12 lifetime concussions and an erector set to leave my kids,but its embeded in my bones. RIDE SAFE,WEAR GEAR,DRESS TO GET UP FFS!

7 Likes

IM very happy to say shadowfax is wearing a suit(i traded him!) now,i joke about a suit revolution,im not really joking, get busy living or get busy dying. we arnt kids any more,the ESK8S are death machines(wednsday mine will do 55 mph on the flat!),thats why they are SO FUN,WE ARE RISKING OUR LIVES TO FEEL ALIVE,AT LEAST I AM

2 Likes

now you tell me ?! actullay you said it days ago, so i should say "now i read this? "AWW who am i kidding? i was always going to gass it first ride out once i felt the least bit comerfatble ,there is no fixing stupid

1 Like

If you haven’t found a suitable replacement, I have two base plates that I don’t really trust anyway but the king pins in them should be fine to use. They actually came out super easily as they slide in and out of place on the trash base plates :rofl:

I’d be willing to send you one if you need it and don’t mind waiting for it. no idea when I’ll be able to head to the post office

1 Like

I think that you and I ride very similarly so I know how important gear is. If you enjoy that, go ahead, but I’m simply not putting all that gear on to ride a skateboard. I am not going to dress in the same amount of armor (I actually wear less than you listed) that I wear to ride a cbr600rr, if I’m putting that all on I’m just going to get on a bike since it’s more fun anyways. I’ve never had a serious fall due to riding over my skill level or losing control of my board, it has been the fault of hoyts or MBS’s engineering. I don’t know if some of these vendors need to hire actual engineering firms or what but selling products like that is unacceptable and unless changed will be the death of esk8. Wearing all that gear ruins it for me, I don’t feel like I have the mobility that I need to ride comfortably and it doesn’t even feel like I’m outdoors anymore, im in a little plastic bubble. I had a sur-ron for a few weeks that someone let me borrow and how much more of a finished product that feels like than any Eboard I’ve ever touched is incredible. I have enough trails and stuff around my house that it was more fun anyways, only reason I don’t have one is that they are too expensive for me.

4 Likes

off topic of me, dam it ill stay in my cave

1 Like

Replacements are starting to arrive… @Boardnamics

Sadly @moon is out of country until the end of March, so my new hangar is going to be a while… :sob:

2 Likes

damn, that’s a lot of ride log storage

4 Likes

wait, You’re adding an SSD to your board? I still haven’t even bought one to add to my PC :rofl:

1 Like

No, I don’t think you can even use a m.2 ssd with a VESC haha. Just another part that came in the mail today

2 Likes

is this a challenge?

3 Likes

… Yes

1 Like

well I concede

1 Like

You should tho

1 Like

I currently have two HDD with almost the same content on them in there though. Where would I put my old drive that is no longer stable if I added an SSD? :rofl:

Jokes aside, My main drive showed signs of failure so I had to sacrifice some downloaded video streams off my secondary drive so I could duplicate the dying drive before it could completely fail. The dying one is only still installed because I haven’t bothered to remove it. I’m waiting for SSDs to get cheap before getting one, or I’ll buy one if my current drive starts to die.

I’d buy a cheap ssd (cheap like in small one, not like in low end company) and put only the system on it.
This alone is a great gain in term of speed. On some setup that could get your computer from booting in minutes into booting in seconds.

EDIT: sorry for the derail

3 Likes

Anyone have info about Luna 350 axle sizes?

Moon is out of country until end of March and I’d like to get riding sooner… can maybe ride the bent hangar, but new axles are obviously a must…

1 Like

I’m what sense? I believe yours was 10mm right?

1 Like