Late Model Hobbywings have a USB connector???

Start watching at about 27:15. Apparently late model escs have more capabilities that can be accessed.

I have one of these late model Hobbywing escs in a loaner board. It is covered with the “gum”. Apparently these can be configured via app, but I’m a little afraid to go digging. Does anyone know anything about this?

Why is Hobbywing so secretive? Anyone have a dead one to dig into and make the information public?

3 Likes

From a MaxFind M5 ESC that I own, which apparently has “enhanced” Hobbywing ESC. I’m pretty disappointed that the 12Ax2 current will never put the 750w hubs to anywhere near their potential.

1 Like

You’re a Saint! How did you make it to 27 mins listening to those 3…
I’m interested if you find anything out though

3 Likes

:joy:. He might be watching and could actually help me out here so I’m gonna be cool and positive​:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I was actually listening to the podcast while working and my attention was peaked.

2 Likes

I can handle fabian more than the other 2.

Wanna Hear a joke?

English Hockey Players.

That is all.

5 Likes

There is also some Hobbywing talk in this video. One of you gotta know about an inside source that will cough up the goods??

Looks like the zealot hobbywing esc only puts out 15a per motor

1 Like

That thing definitely deserves more power. Label reads HW9005, which is of the “configurable” generation if I’m understanding correctly.

Fabi HELP!

2 Likes

Exway, Ownboard, WowGo, Onsra, MaxFind are all supposed to be using the HW9005-x models in their latest releases.Most of these also seem to cut out at 26MPH/45KPH when I look at specs. Some are on 12S, so there is some signs that these ESCs could do more. Backfire is also Hobbywing escs but seems to have a little more customized hardware. I’d be curious to see if those are in the HW9005 family.

2 Likes

Let’s say someone finds the port. What software are you going to use to program them? The LCD Program box? From my standpoint you’re better off Packet Sniffing to see what does what.

Don’t tell me you didn’t watch the video😁. The software is called HW Link, which you can find for IOS and Android. Apparently onsra is also working on their own app.

It is, that pick was from a backfire zealot. Supposedly they are putting out an app soon, but keeps getting delayed. Doubt the app will let you do too much though.

Even going back and forth from hub to belt would be cool. Some of these manufacturers have switchable drivetrains. That would suggest that maybe KV and Poles configurable.

someone already did, there was a discussion in the lounge back in late July

but im curious, have u dug out the pot and find out what’s the pinout for those hobbywing sensor? @nimrod

1 Like

Duuuuude.
Someone copied Handmade Sauce™️
You should sue them

1 Like

Was me and a few people, i think @xsynatic was the one who found the port.

4 Likes

@Jc06505n

2 Likes

do u know what’s the pinout for those sensor?

nope

fabi probably knows, but that fucker won’t answer my dm

2 Likes