Late Model Hobbywings have a USB connector???

oh well, i ain’t gonna ask him either. if i have to break open one, i would gladly do it instead of communicating with him

He’s a helpful guy though.

You might have to get the WiFi module to configure with HW Link.

My label has zydtech.com on it. After digging through their site, I found some interesting material. You can see two connectors where the board isn’t covered with “gum”.

http://www.zydtech.com.cn/en/pd.jsp?id=5#_pp=114_622

3 Likes

Besides an unpopulated dip-8/soic-8 location I don’t really see any unused spots that would/could host a USB header.

1 Like

I probably jumped the gun with “usb” connector. Fabi just says connector. When you look at Hobbywing’s other programming connectors, most of them are three pin, so I’m still not sure what to make of the two pairs.

1 Like

Watching videos takes too dang long compared to reading.

text & pictures > video (imho)

2 Likes

Did I not pass days trying to find ways to do this for @xsynatic back in July or something?

It’s probably a fool’s journey that all must pass through before resolving to only buy vesc controllers.

3 Likes

I just dug the connector up back in the day but didn’t test anything out.

I believe nobody has the hobbywing software either.

HW Link will work (according to Fabi). I’m thinking they most provide a development library/kit to their clients to make their own mobile apps (exway, backfire, etc)

They probably have a custom in-house software (in mandarin probably) to “configure/test motor settings” on whatever reseller these are meant for. (meepo, wowgo, etc)

The finalized settings get compiled (in whatever compiler they use), and flashed to each ESC with a specialized mass flashing tool.

There is unlikely to be any user friendly configurable app that exists. It is likely that no one will be able to create such a software as hobbywing is using their own custom closed source firmware.

2 Likes

:point_up:

we have to steal it i do not condone this

3 Likes

Jeff wu couldve gotten us a spy from within :wink:

he probably just gonna walk to next door and say “yo, u guys got them hobbywing software I can get a copy of?” :rofl:

1 Like

I found an image where the esc has a connector connected to the port. (the red JST)

1 Like

Can bus programming?

Well thanks for nothing Mike beard

I asked him like a normal person what the connector is for and if its for programming.

Beard:

The JST connector on the hobbywing ESC is for production boards only. For DIY, we already have a JST connector on the battery, so you can just ignore that cable. The hobbywing ESC comes preprogrammed.

Thanks,
MBoards Support

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

Being curious is your problem