[Land_It.] - Hummie - Custom / 2x 6374 / 3D Servisas Gear / TB110

It does, but keep in mind that the screws had to be removed in order it to fit.

4 Likes

Awesome board, what’s the diameter of your wire mesh?

1 Like

What sort of paint did you use?
Or did you use epoxy pigment?

1 Like

This looks so good! Great job on the build!

2 Likes

Hey, it’s 6mm, this one:

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/wire-mesh-guard-red-6mm-1m-1.html?___store=en_us

It’s not epoxy, it’s regular white spray paint, water based.

4 Likes

That is very nice!!! Great job.

1 Like

Very nice and tidy. Something that I aspire to in my builds.

Been very tempted to put an EL-Wire in a channel along the board as you have, but doubt that it would be bright enough on the street-lit roads that I ride. Maybe it’s just cheap EL-Wire that I have tried/seen so far.

Do you ever wish for yours to be brighter? Hard to tell how bright they are looking at photos sometimes.

Yes, I wish those were brighter. I made this more for looks than for safety feature.

That said, I am trying to figure out a brighter solution for my next build, so far it’s eather too large or too expensive.

I’ll try to take a photo that represent a true brightness.

6 Likes

The EL wire is such a nice effect. Very nice design for “running lights”. What inverter did you use to power it off your 12v esc line?

You might consider arduino + LED strips for bright / brake lights.
(GitHub - ju-mpe-r/synchronized_lighting_for_vesc: Synchronized Lighting for VESC)

1 Like

It’s the one that came with the EL wire, so I really don’t know much about ti unfortunately…

1 Like

Yeah I think I would use it mostly for aesthetic reasons.

LED car indicator “bulbs” are my latest discovery.

Well the build thread wouldn’t be finished without some shots in the wild.

One of the first test rides.

Impressions? It’s really fun. A lot of torque, and not a slightest wobble at top speed. Really really stable build. I like it a lot.

When pushing it hard 20-25km is max range, riding relaxed ride. I got around 35.

See ya on a next build… Take a look.

8 Likes

Such a great build :heart_eyes: Love the little eretron text detail in the back. Such a small detail brings it to another level imo.

4 Likes

Love the build, the lights look amazing!

4 Likes