LACROIX Stormcore ESC and iOS app info

no… you’re Mr… :cactus:outta my :horse: :tangerine:

1 Like

There is an intergrated bt module, nrf52

7 Likes

Is there any password protection on the BT module? Don’t want to risk someone changing my settings while I ride :laughing:

4 Likes

Just got back from my first 18s ride and it felt good. Had things set conservatively on a new battery but everything felt good. Very little sag and it seems like motors are running cooler than before.

18 Likes

Looking forward to more of your results dude :ok_hand:

5 Likes

What motors are you running?

1 Like

At the moment, some maytech 190kv 6880. I have setup a software erpm limit the same as running them at 12s to stop me exploding them.

Planning to swap out to some 140kv as soon as I can.

1 Like

You feel a torque difference? I’m guessing no, but who knows (well you do)

2 Likes

When I moved to the stormcore there was a difference in torque, I assume this is due to the 3 shunt design, but I don’t think moving to HV has changed things.

It does however feel like things are running cooler. I will need a few more rides slowly turning the power up to see if this is consistent but I’m hopeful.

Also it may be placebo but I feel like it sounds different. It sounds good, I just hope it’s not the sound of my motors about to explode.

5 Likes

So, first ride report.

holy shit

First real ride and I managed to beat my own personal best for power delivery. Riding on the street at 20mph with a friend, punched the throttle to get past him and acedentaly put down 5.3kW of power. That’s 82 battery amps at 18s (65v) still at only 50% duty cycle.

Motors are defenatly running cooler. Rides like this used to have my motors running on the thermal limit but today they maxed at 59 degrees. Very happy about this as this was causing me regular problems before.

Also managed to push the stormcore up to almost 60 degrees. When putting big power down it seems to heat up quick but the heatsink seems to do a good job of cooling it quickly again as soon as you let off on the power.

For the data lovers like @glyphiks :

Overall very impressed so far. Maybe I should have gone 20s :rofl:.

I think given some more practice and a good hill I can get more power out of it yet.

25 Likes

This is exactly what I was hoping to see. That log looks great.

Mooooarrr logs!

5 Likes

Was your consumption always in that ballpark? Average speed of 19kph with 29wh/km consumption seems really high.

3 Likes

That average motor current also seems really low

3 Likes

more volts = less amps xD

3 Likes

Actually for the motors if you don’t change the gearing the average amps should actually higher if he is riding at higher speeds

1 Like

Yeah this is about right. I’m a big guy and I went out with the specific goal of abusing this setup to see what it could handle. Lots of full throttle starts and hard breaking. At points I pulled 100A per motor accelerating and 90 per side breaking. Not exactly efficient riding.

usually get better than 45wh/m but have logs of getting over 60wh/m on particularly hard rides.

@Pedrodemio motor amps seem to be off due to a bug in current beta build I’m running, causing second motor current to be reported negative. When metr combines both Motors data your seeing the motor current difference between the 2 wheels.

If you click to separate the motors data then metr shows you the real max and min motor amp values.

4 Likes

Checks out, not by a lot though, and that’s going from 9S ~45kph to 18S ~60kph.

2 Likes

There was concerns raised about motors not designed with 18s in mind, how do your motors feel about this?

I see you’re running maytech 190kv 6880

3 Likes

Going out on a limb here, only because I see what motors he’s running, but could it be that higher kV motors specced for 12S does better than low kV motors when it comes to overheating?

2 Likes

5.5 connectors

8 Likes