LACROIX Stormcore ESC and iOS app info

So I got my stormcore set up and there were no issues with motor detection or anything. Spun the motors lightly on the bench a few times to check everything was working and it was fine. Then I connected to the app and gave it maybe a little too much juice unloaded by accident but no where near full throttle. Right when I did that the app showed a fault and then everything shut down. Now when I try turning everything on, it won’t and the switch won’t light up. I can hear a quiet low pitch buzzing when I hold the switch but it won’t turn on. Did I just brick this thing?

7 Likes

Blasto, we might need to know the ERPM limit and the Constant Amp limit of these puppies.

2 Likes

100A for the 100D and 100S IIRC, more important is the voltage limit, can handle spikes of up to 96V IIRC, but nothing over.

2 Likes

What’s the battery setup? How long are your battery leads?

1 Like

Nothing crazy, 12s4p and maybe an inch long

2 Likes

Did you brick a 60D?

Jpo = jason potter.

Im assuming the hole pattern is the same as the unity.

6 Likes

100D

1 Like

I’ll leave this one to @Deodand or @Blasto.

1 Like

I was honestly curious as to where you were going following your line of questioning…

1 Like

FWIW my dual 100S have been faultless at 18S voltages, and I caned the heck out of it.

3 Likes

Overvoltage, but it’s not that.

1 Like

There’s a limit to the length of your battery leads?

Would need a bit more details about your setup, are you using a bms? Do you have voltage on your batt?

When you performed the setup you went through the wizard?

1 Like

I do have a bms and I can’t tell I don’t have a indicator or multimeter. I used the input wizard but put in my own motor settings

Assuming it turns on again

Go through the motor wizard again. Don’t touch the absolute maximum current setting.

If you want to change your settings:

-Do your tweaks
-write motor settings
-tick CAN fwd (to be compatible with the vesc tool it’s using an emulated can bus)
-read motor settings (assuming you have sensored motors)
-do same tweaks
-write motor settings

For the control go back to the app wizard

5 Likes

is there any possible chance… even the remotest of chances that something shorted, somewhere?? phase-wires any chance you recorded, copied the fault?

2 Likes

Unfortunately I didn’t record it, I was just testing it out for the first time on the bench.

I put heat shrink on everything so I don’t think anything shorted. Only weak point I can think of is I just put on a new xt90 and the solder job wasn’t the prettiest but it was strong when I pulled on it and definitely isolated

4 Likes