LACROIX Stormcore ESC and iOS app info

@Blasto how deep do the m3 holes go under the 60d? Don’t wanna screw too far when I’ll mount it inside the case

For future reference:

2 Likes

I don’t know about you… but I’d just screw a couple in by hand… but maybe that’s too much effort…

2 Likes

Can also stick in a paperclip something not metal and sharp then measure, if your finger screwing skills are not in shape.

3 Likes

or vernier calipers have the depth of hole measurement thingie

EDIT:
i saw your ninja edit… hahahaha you’re more than likely going to put a metal screw in that hole…

don’t be askkeered of metal thingies

3 Likes

hey idk if it’s a blind hole I haven’t seen the thing.

Also the back of my calipers can measure like 7mm deep before the shank is too wide for a M3 hole

hence the stick in’ and measure em’

See title for reasoning behind my over complication of measuring holes, more specifically telling others how to measure their holes.

1 Like

@Fosterqc @kook
My question lies more in the fact that it might be a bottomless (in this case topless?) hole. I don’t wanna be screwing anything in it only to find out I scraped the pcb.
I have an awful tendancy of screwing till it stops moving by force…(take that phrase how you want :joy:)

1 Like

follow my advice then I was thinking for ya

1 Like

I might just end up using 3m tape :joy: @3DServisas made a heatsink for the 100D. Is one available for the 60D yet?

1 Like

Same dimensions

Could be full of shit.

1 Like

Is it? Screw placement seemed very different. Are you supposed to remove the original bottom of the casing to fit the heatsink?

1 Like

That could be correct. I don’t have both in front of me so I should shut up.

1 Like

I don’t either. I know there’s 4 screwholes in the bottom of my 60d. And they’re offcentered

1 Like

Well between the two of us we could get to the bottom of this.

1 Like

I can take pics later when I get home.
For now, it’s time for some sushi

6 Likes

If it doesn’t fit, you’re not screwing hard enough?

3 Likes

The holes are 5mm blind holes, jean-guy proof

6 Likes

@abusfullofnuns

4 Likes

Jpo bolt pattern on bottom

6 Likes

What’s that?

Planning out my holes

1 Like