LACROIX Stormcore ESC and iOS app info

give me gear drive now…

yes

1 Like

60D-319USD
100S-239USD
100D-449USD

35 Likes

Will you have local pricing for the 15 Canadian’s that are on here lmao. Our dollar sucks ass right now :frowning:

4 Likes

Unlikely, our costs are in USD and don’t fluctuate with the $CDN :frowning:

7 Likes

Ooof, I mean I guess we’re already used to it :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

nice are there a specific amount of units which will be in first batch
as in will there be a specific amount of people who can sign up for one

I remember someone asked on this forum if “dual parallel” also works on the Unity and @Deodand said that it should, but he didn’t tested it. I can confirm that it seems to work when compiling the right firmware and load it to the Unity.
PLEASE DON’T CONNECT THE PHASE WIRES WITH NORMAL UNITY FIRMWARE!!

First results looking good. I compared running a single motor with 50A phase current connected in “dual parallel” configuration to the same motor connected in standard single connection and logged the temperatures.

Here the result in dual parallel configuration:

Here the result in single configuration:

You can see that after 90 seconds the temperature of the single reached 46°C while the dual parallel only got to 35°C. (both started at 29°C with 50A continuous for 90 seconds)

So nice to see the Stormcore 100D getting finished now. Fantastic work by everyone involved! I could really make good use of the 100D in dual parallel configuration in my eBike running at the higher voltages the Stormcore enables to use.

Edit.: Changed link to smaller gif

23 Likes

wow awesome! thanks for taking the time to perform that test.

From my tests, the 100D has even better thermals, that will be definitely interesting to see.

15 Likes

Thank you for this!

16 Likes

Is the “correct” FW just the latest v60 build?

Now, in theory, what would happen? I’m assuming it will cause one side of fets to feed power into the other side… Then what blows? the drv?

1 Like

some massive shoot through (Vbatt to gnd through the fets), smoke show, taking bets. fets? pcb? connector? drv?

4 Likes

depends how well connected too… might just trigger OCP and fault temporarily. Sure it depends ton the system.

1 Like

No, it is not. You have to add “#define HW_DUAL_CONFIG_PARALLEL” in the config_general.h file and do some changes to the hw_unity.h. I think it isn’t meant for global testing right now because you have to compile the firmware yourself. Maybe it will be added to official VESC Tool at some point in time, but not sure because you can mess up hardware pretty easy when connecting something wrong.

8 Likes

First ride with telemetry, happy to report zero issues.

8 Likes

I am itching to see builds with it.

8 Likes

They’ll look like normal builds but inside there will be a different esc. Sorry for anticlimactic

15 Likes

na man I heard lightning shoots out your butt now with the new bois

10 Likes

That’s for complete Lacroix builds. I am talking about the ESC itself for DIY builds like the Unity.

7 Likes