LACROIX Stormcore ESC and iOS app info

Don’t tell me you’re going to bolt a seat to your esk8 next.

2 Likes

No it’s the GTR not the handicap accessible version :joy:

@Blasto Charles how reliable is the 60D at 13s?

3 Likes

Great question, i have no clue.

We’ll be testing And rating the 60D at 12S. Beyond that, @Sender is your man

6 Likes

Can we have a video on your testing box please

1 Like

Nothing exciting, power supplies, connectors and relays. Oh and motors

1 Like

Sweeeeeeeeet… Time to burn up some parts :smiley:

What was the switching frequency?

Default 20khz

3 Likes

Oh wow, pretty neat. Glad to see you guys using decent MOSFETs in this :).

Just wondering, has anyone tried running just the ortega observer in closed loop mode without any sensors, open_loop, or HFI?

In my tests, I’ve found that it can track from a dead standstill, and pulsed d axis current injection pulls it out of any locks-ups. It doesn’t quite get 100% torque, but it’s pretty hard to keep the motor stalled even at low q axis current requests.

1 Like

You guys are killing, I want one for my eBike

What maximum current can we run it? For peaks, but even at 80 A that is 8 kW

You prob need a 100D with the sauced up fw to run a single motor for an ebike.

We can figure that later when things get less crazy

(This fw feature)

2 Likes

Now, can you theoretically run 4x 100D with that FW for 4wd with each to a single motor? Not that I imagine it is rideable at that point…

3 Likes

Yeah that would be possible, the scalability gets pretty insane

8 Likes

I have 2 sweet builds based on 15s in the works for stormcore…

I know not revolutionary voltage, but it fits what I am trying to accomplish with the builds and Stormcore will offer plenty of headroom.

I do also plan to swap one of my 13s builds to the storm core light for testing purposes as well.

I am very grateful that we have these dudes pushing the envelope on what we can accomplish.

The 2 15s builds I am working on… will be fucking bad ass as shit. Trust me.

19 Likes

Let’s see how things go. That would definitely be awesome

What is avalibility like on these? Need a 16S ESC for my scooter ASAP

4 Likes

Nada.

Haven’t even seen them in any builds yet, so testers either don’t have them in hand or they picked the wrong folk, lol.

6 Likes

You guys said you’ve done plenty of testing with 12s and no longer need testers, does that mean you’ll be releasing the 60D anytime soon or if you have any updates on that at all? Obviously corona is a wrench in things but just curious.

9 Likes

Probably a month-ish. We have ordered them and will be a few weeks to receive and process them in Montreal. Until we have them in hand and confirmed everything is working perfectly we can’t really promise anything timeline wise but this is a rough estimate.

21 Likes