LACROIX Stormcore ESC and iOS app info

Android happening, no ETA at this time

5 Likes

All the android users right now

66182da121ea86832ec2965a8e7a7681

9 Likes

Suddenly android users get denied something right away and they SCREAM.

Hehe.

In retrospect I miss my android devices tho…

2 Likes

Nobody’s been denied anything yet? Nobody’s screaming yet? Sent from my iPhone :rofl:

3 Likes

We’d love to see them set up a presence in Vendor Corner, but as @sesat mentioned, this is a prime example of a company that only needs word of mouth.

2 Likes

@rusins Yes there is definitely a slight advantage to simply using higher battery voltage (among a few other tradeoffs). There’s a much larger advantage to scaling the kV of your motors such that at max duty cycle you end at the same erpms. So if you had 190kv before at 12s, that would be ~125kV at 18s. The motor temps won’t change as the winding resistance will increase, but you will see much reduced motor currents in the phase leads and in the ESC itself which will improve efficiency and reduce heat.

8 Likes

:sunglasses:

11 Likes

Nice, make sure to adjust the battery and drivetrain settings

4 Likes

I did before going for a quick ride. Speed and battery stats seem spot-on. Where can I get a ride summary, or not available yet?

5 Likes

It’ll be available soon. I have many to-dos in my list

2 Likes

Just checking that I didn’t miss something in the GUI.

1 Like

If it’s as simple as adding the correct device name to the code I’m sure @rpasichnyk can provide that easily

Gotta say, @sofu, that GUI is nice AF

7 Likes

Enabling connection is, but AFAIK metr doesnt use the same data structure for data transmission so I would have to add separate support for it, which isn’t currently in scope

Thank you :heart: A lotta time went into making this the best UX possible, I hope people like it! Definitely only just the beginning though… much more to come

7 Likes

What does the GPS graph plot, signal strength, number of satellites?

It plots GPS speed so you can compare it to VESC measured speed. Currently it’s broken cause the unit conversion is incorrect I think :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Here’s what happens when I lock my phone after hitting Start Ride.

4 Likes

As it, thats what displays on the lock screen?!

Think he means that it wasn’t collecting data while the phone was locked, so it ends up looking like he teleported in a straight line.

5 Likes

Do you have location on always on?

Settings->privacy->location->Stormcore

That’s sometimes the fix in apps

6 Likes