LACROIX Stormcore ESC and iOS app info

on the contrary

only like, 50-80A per side

depending on when i popped em

what do you think was the cause of death?

1 Like

by being used by me :joy:

1 Like

so just unlucky? I thought i was not common for people to go through this many stormcores, suggesting thereā€™s something about what you do to them that they donā€™t particularly like. Ive heard you ride quite hard, are you maybe pulling peak current for much more time than most people are?

nope, i am 120 pounds

i tend to ride hard, in every condition

hot, dry, cold, wet, snow, ice, salt, even on the beach on thane

5 Likes

Hmm weird. Maybe Stormcores are just more failure prone than i thought. Have you tried other controllers?

1 Like

They arenā€™t more failure prone. They just arenā€™t meant to handle the insane amount of abuse this kid puts them through.

3 Likes

SCs arenā€™t uthout their faults, but theyā€™re not bad*

itā€™s just how i am

since fall 2019, iā€™ve killed
2x FS 6.6 dual+
1x FS 4.12
1/2x maker x retro
~3-5 Trampa 6.6, Mk1-3
8x 100D

probably some others that iā€™ve forgotten about, but this is a fairly comprehensive list
i have good faith in my SCs personally

4 Likes

Yeah but my question is what are you actually doing lol itā€™s not like they understand they are in your board and decide to give up the ghost.

5 Likes

i ride hard pretty much no matter what and push the limits

^i fried a motor on this last one

if you wanna know my secrets, you gotta buy me dinner first

7 Likes

My 100d on my lonestar has 6000km on it,. bought a year ago. I also ride hard(street), but im conscious of not putting the board thru too much physical abuse. 190lbs, stock settings, motor amps at 75, zero issues. Except for the stormcore bricking itself when i was installing a new set of their motors. This is about to be 2 months ago now, still waiting for my unit back. The longest ive been not ridingā€¦i could cryā€¦

1 Like

hardcore. very cool.

1 Like

Is it better to get a 100Dx or a Ubox 100V 200A for 18s-20s?

Trampa said that the DRV8353 isnā€™t reliable at higher voltages. Is this true?

1 Like

These both use independent gate drivers with no DRV, which should make them more reliable

Has to be taken with a grain of salt as Trampa doesnā€™t sell any models with the DRV8353RS and their competitors do.

With that said, I donā€™t like DRV chips.

5 Likes

which ome is mine :grin:

2 Likes

Everything Trampa says is solely purposed to make you buy Trampa stuff.

I would recommend listening to folks who have no money to make, no matter which unit you buy :grin:

3 Likes

people who have no moni in general*

like me :laughing:

3 Likes

Got it, thanks. Is one inherently better than the other? (100Dx vs Ubox 100v 200a)

1 Like

The Dx will have better support and has a better antispark

2 Likes

So far Iā€™ve gotten minimal response from Lacroix about general product inquiries and help purchasing 2 products.

Whereas Amy from Spintend was able to help me on multiple occasions when I had product questions and issues with Fw (Ubox products).