LACROIX Stormcore ESC and iOS app info

no worries, just release them whenever they are ready :crazy_face:

Hopefully the testing ends soon :eyes:

2 Likes

Hey Charles any update on when the firmware will be released that activates the auxiliary UART port?

4 Likes

I would like to know that too!

1 Like

When I turn on and accelerate the green light turns into a beeping blue light and resort in a fault_code_drv

Any advice? Thank you

The light on the button will shows the state of charge of your battery according to your settings. It will go from green (100%), blue (50%), red (0%) and it will mix the colors for the intermediate voltages.

It also will blink the fault if ever a fault occurs.

During boot up, it will also cycle a rainbow pattern.

9 Likes

if your on a firmware where red and blue are swapped (afaik the current firmware in the main branch is like this) then flashing blue on acceleration is actually a flashing red fault light. FAULT_CODE_DRV is usually an issue with the DRV chip.

Is this a fault that has developed recently or is this a new stormcore?

2 Likes

Can it do roll to start like Trampa’s MK IV?

should be able to

2 Likes

That seems to me like it can, but 

To me that is actually the best feature of the MK IV: no need to switch the board on or off; just step on and go (or simply put it down and let it lie in the corner).

Edit: in front of my door for example I only have 3 ft :wink:

Edit: why does the feature depend on the gearing @Deodand?

Cus gearing will affect the resulting current from a push. As a “your mileage may vary” kinda thing

3 Likes

And with a 1:1 gearing the current is higher or lower than with a 1:4 gearing? And if it is higher it will turn on more easily?

I think it’s more of a need to maintain a constant current for a certain amount of seconds while the esc powers up and caps get juiced, etc
 Both will work but with different times of manual pushing. @MysticalDork might have the math behind it?

The motor will generate voltage when being turned. I believe the issue is being powered enough to boot the MCU, and for long enough for it to then turn itself on.

If you power it for a brief moment, the MCU doesn’t have time to boot and execute enough code to turn itself on.

I think.

4 Likes

I know hubs are easy as hell to kick-start. Used to put my foot on the wheel and push down to give it a flip and the board would start up

1 Like

This is what I was told when I asked, but I have no idea why it would be that way.

1 Like

I don’t know how this is wired, but it could also be how it’s implemented. How hard you need to roll is very dependent on tons of factors, including the motor Kv, the gearing, the load on the power rail, the drag on your drivetrain, ESC filter capacitance, whether you’re facing uphill, how exactly the roll-to-start is implemented, is it hardware or software or how specifically is it done, down to the minute detail, all of those things could have a huge effect on how much of a roll you need to get the system started.

It could also be a tradeoff between “battery drain while powered down” versus “fast startup”.

If you had a hardware solution powered from the battery and just observing the motor for signs of voltage, it could be super, super easy to roll start but it could drain the battery too much while left unattended.

A system that uses no power at all while powered down could need a much stronger roll that charges the capacitors all the way up and maintains that long enough for the MCU to boot and kick the power on.

1 Like

hmm. I’ve always assumed the push to start antispark was done in hardware and had nothing to do with the MCU.

1 Like

It can be done both ways. I am not sure how this one is specifically done, but I bet the information is available if you search hard enough.

just so’s ya’all know, anecdotally and all
 but my direct-drives push to start so much faster and easier than either belts or gears

5 Likes