LACROIX Stormcore ESC and iOS app info

Still too much language change release to release, slow build times, too many undocumented language specific issues. The entire industry jumped on Swift in the beginning, me included, and now we’re paying the price. Where I work, 98% of new production code is written in Objective-C and a lot of the Swift code in our codebase is considered “legacy”. Stability is key and I want this to last years, not just half a year until Apple releases tthe new Swift standards.

12 Likes

If you don’t use HolyC yerbad…

1 Like

Feel free to port the library to TempleOS :slight_smile:

1 Like

High voltage allows you to get away with lower current. Power is a different matter though. P=IV = V^2/R. For the same power, you can up voltage and use less current. Increasing power requires something to give on both ends. :stuck_out_tongue:

That being said, I do agree a bigger motor might be in order :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Just out of interest…

I know that there’s been a lot of hype about the higher RPMs we can spin our motors at now thanks to the higher voltage, but would it make sense to use these high voltage ESCs at the speeds we’re used to, just taking advantage of using a higher S count battery? Like, if it can do the same amps at low speeds as other ESCs, then there would be no downside, right? (Or would I be uselessly wasting efficiency by not utilizing the max speed available?)

I’m just thinking that the loud noise caused by the high motor speed + need to find even higher gearing reduction is quite annoying…

3 Likes

Ok, Stormcore for iOS testing has resumed. You MUST use FW 5 for it to work. Testing build of tool that includes Unity and Stormcore firmware here: https://vesc-project.com/node/1640. Testflight link to join the beta is here: https://testflight.apple.com/join/Gt8afQRO

1 Like

Only for the stock Unity BLE right? Not metr Pro as well?

Correct. Currently using the Metr Pro will crash the app. I think.

1 Like

Nope, just doesn’t connect.

Probably cause Metr Pro identifies itself as something else other than “Stormcore” or “Unity”

2 Likes

I’ll swap back to stock BLE and test it today.

can’t speak for others but this the shit that sells itself. no need for website partnership, youtube ambassadors, or other types to pimp it out for payola

2 Likes

I mean look at the waiting list, and that’s just for the beta program. We all be like: Pick me, pick me!

4 Likes

To be fair there’s a substantial discount.

2 Likes

Any idea when the android port might happen? Just curious. Few weeks? Few months? Never? lol

2 Likes

Android happening, no ETA at this time

5 Likes

All the android users right now

66182da121ea86832ec2965a8e7a7681

9 Likes

Suddenly android users get denied something right away and they SCREAM.

Hehe.

In retrospect I miss my android devices tho…

2 Likes

Nobody’s been denied anything yet? Nobody’s screaming yet? Sent from my iPhone :rofl:

3 Likes

We’d love to see them set up a presence in Vendor Corner, but as @sesat mentioned, this is a prime example of a company that only needs word of mouth.

2 Likes