LACROIX Stormcore ESC and iOS app info

It’s fine I use real reverse :wink:

But I am going to update to this soon and start testing. Keen to try HFI and maybe the balance app on unity :grin:

2 Likes

Works this morning, no idea why. Only difference is the laptop is plugged into its charger.

6 Likes

@Arch Would I be right in thinking that testing will all be on hold for the foreseeable with the ongoing pandemic?

2 Likes

Hope not, we’ve got a lot of time on our hands, plus logistics companies won’t stop working, as they’re an essential service.

1 Like

I guess so.
I better start laying out the cells…

2 Likes

UNITY FW 5.0, smart reverse is buggy (at least for me). Going down, braking and struggling to reverse. After about 5-10 seconds of struggle it finally manages. Dual 6354 sensored motors. Traction control enabled.

Edit: this was actually my mistake. I did not enable Hall Sensors.

8 Likes

How’d you get metr Pro to work on it? I’ve switched to Forward with Brake, since I suspect Smart Reverse doesn’t play well with HFI yet.

1 Like

I am not using HFI. I am running Metr Pro beta firmware, it supports FW 5.0. If you want to early beta test it send logs from metr -> Settings -> Show Logs to support@metr.at and write that you want to test firmware that supports VESC FW 5.0. I will add your Metr Pro to the list that will receive this test update.

6 Likes

Done, how do I update on iPhone though?

1 Like

You will also need updated app. Currently App Store is very slow reviewing apps. You will get instructions when update is live. Thanks!

2 Likes

So @Arch is there any update?

Im guessing that your having to deal with lots of stuff due to the fact the world is falling apart but im just wondering if your still planing to pick testers? maybe this has already happened or maybe its likely to be delayed?

I ask because i notice that some of peoples “Committed day of Mayden voyage” has already passed. seems like people might need to adjust these estimates to still be current and accurate.

Due to the current situation im guessing there is a lot of builders sat around with a lot of free time for building (i know i am) if you still plan to send them out before the delivery services shut down completely :wink:

5 Likes

Yes please.

2 Likes

anyone know if the updated Unity FW will allow setup/changes without unplugging the Metr pro?

2 Likes

Not over BT, not unless you’re on the metr Pro 5.0 beta, and on Android as the Apple version is still going through approval. @rpasichnyk

3 Likes
2 Likes

5.0 is still beta?

2 Likes

5.0 is still on the dev branch.

esk8 is still beta. :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Yes, 5.0 is still beta / dev

2 Likes

lol…you have a valid point there. I’m to chicken shit to try it though…

1 Like

you know what’s gonna happen…later tonight around 2 AM …I’m gonna get bored and go for it. :sunglasses:

3 Likes