LACROIX Stormcore ESC and iOS app info

Are there any timeframe updates as to when this will be available?

5 Likes

I checked Deutsche Post website and shipping to Australia/New Zealand is possible again. :heart_eyes:
All open Metr Pro orders that weren’t refunded because of the long delay are shipped now.

I think Roman left a little hint. :wink:

9 Likes
I’m working on this with Charles from Lacroix, but having a strange issue with my Stormcore 60d that perhaps some of you may have insight on. Since setting it up, I have been unable to turn it off. When I attempt to, the power button flashes and the ESC reboots (see video).

I can say when I run the Vesc Tool setup wizard, once it is complete I can turn off the Stormcore once, but the next time I turn it on it returns to this state of being unable to power off.

Let me know if you have thoughts or what additional information would help to diagnose this. Thanks in advance!

1 Like

I have a similar issue but only on my 4wd set up. They told me they would have a firmware fix for this sometime this weekend, we wait and see :eyes:

4 Likes

@Arch Can you give a rough estimate when Stomcore 100S would be available in Europe?

2 Likes

What would it take to get a tx and rx signal out of the can port? That’s all I need for my remote and I really want to use the robogotchi in the uart without having to sacrifice the remote telemetry.

Any thoughts on if the stormcores might play nicely with the usplit by @ricco? Might be a nice way to help everyone out that needs more uartz

1 Like

Just seen the import tax and customs, hope I don’t get stung lol

Anyone know if the Bluetooth module built in can be used to link a remote or will I still need to hook up a dongle, I have a wand laying around, hoping it’s just plug and play

1 Like

i guess it will works without trampa’s dong

1 Like

I did get it to work with a wand. There were a few dropouts but that happened with the dedicated dongle also.

1 Like

Thanks guys, good to know, probably end up using a maytech v2, we will see

1 Like

I am working with Charles from Lacroix, as well about a maybe similar issue:

Right after triggering the e-stop pin on my 100D, the board could not turn off. I don’t even get a flicker of light. The 100D lights stay on (on the board) and the power button turns red and stays that way. Also, the 100D starts heating up significantly next to the power input (where the anti-spark circuit is located).

If I unplug and plug the power back in, it is still the same: stays on / red pwr switch / heating up. I can still get into the vesc app or the stormcore app, and they both show 38V, when my battery is actually 58V. Something is getting fried in our boards and I really believe that it is the antispark switches.

I just got my replacement 100D today, and everything was ok, until I triggered the e-stop pin and then the board died just like the first one. Obviously, if I knew that is what killed the first one, I would have never tried to activate the e-stop, but I have it on a scooter so I use the e-stop as an electronic lock.

Hopefully you get this fixed. I would love to know if your issue is the anti-spark circuit and if you might know how it got affected (like my e-stop sitiuation).

Thank you!

4 Likes

*Looks at my 100D increduously*

1 Like

Closing the loop on this. Charles sent me a new 60D unit. I connected it and programmed it and it works as intended. Powers off when I need it. It is using the same power switch as the previous unit, so it must be something within the previous unit itself.

I sent back the previous unit to Lacroix today, happy and satisfied with my new one. Charles says they plan to look into what caused the last unit to do this reboot sequence.

Overall, cheers to Lacroix. This wasn’t really a safety issue, but certainly a quality of life issue as obviously one wants to be able to turn their board off.

8 Likes

Another UART overloader here; DaveGA, Robogotchi, OSSR, WavRX, Metr Pro etc, will always want at least 2 x uart

6 Likes

I finally broke down and messaged customer service about needing the second uart port. I purchased the rogotochi module the day before the bad news broke.

11 Likes

I’m having an interesting issue with my Stormcore 60D. It never puts out more than ~42.5 motor amps to either motor. I set the motor amp limit at 65A for each side (6374s) initially and then I changed it later to 55A to see if that affected it. But neither setting seemed to affect the amps actually going to the motor. The motors have no temperature sensors, and no other setting seems to explain this limit.

I’m running the firmware it shipped with, fw 5.1

Does the brain trust have any ideas on what I can do to resolve this or further tests to try?

1 Like

Same results with different motors?

1 Like

What is your battery current settings? Also is the remote calibrated right? It goes to 100% on the realtime display?

1 Like

Psst 100% unobtainable iirc

1 Like

I think Pedro is referring to the remote setting, meaning the ppm signal, not the duty cycle

5 Likes