LACROIX Stormcore ESC and iOS app info

T.E.D. initiative 2020 - Test Every Day!

2 Likes

that is a phrase I’m not really comprehending?

:kook:

I concur with having a new topic. All these baby-step walk-throughs Lacroix are doing for users shouldn’t be clogging up this thread, but they’re not exactly off-topic either. Let this remain the info channel, and have a new one for troubleshooting. (Assuming the Lacroix team are fine with that decision)

5 Likes

A bit too interlocked for me at this stage.

I agree, TBH, there’s well established provenance for any product, hardware, software, etc., to have a support/bug tracking medium. In the case of hardware requiring a software component, both.

The most loved of both, always has a long trail of bugs, exceptions, aberrations. This probably isn’t the venue.

In a perfect world, the manufacturer would have either a forum, CRS, or ticket system in place. If it’s meant to be here, then definitely another thread, maybe even a sub-forum.

2 Likes

I’d say it takes bigger balls to ride 12s on Thane than anything on cushy 9"ers

1 Like

I essentially went from 8S to 18S on nummies, and was like, what’s the big fuss everyone’s on about? Not sure how that would’ve gone on thane.

1 Like

Yeah. I hear ya. I’ve been there. Love thane as well but Thane is fun af when you have the roads for it.
there is a reason I stick to pneumatics
And the only person with 9” rubber around here is @Skyart Everyone else is normal :rofl:

3 Likes

People think they’re badass because they ride thane on good roads. Well. Not really. Anyone can ride thane on good roads, have fun and go fast but not many can do the same thing with pneumatics on semi ok to shitty roads where thane is just not as enjoyable lol

2 Likes

agreed. lots of claims without any real data, numbers or sources to backup any of these statements.

Just to be clear here, the 100S is not released and has not been made avalable to the general public.

you are a beta tester. You have found QC issues and it sounds like lacroix have used your feedback to rework their production process. They have also and replaced the damaged hardware.

The only way to identify issues is with testing and as a beta tester this is a risk you take on. You got prototype hardware ahead of public release and would have been made aware that hardware failure is a possibility. If you were not comfortable with this then you should not have agreed to be testing with beta hardware.

8 Likes

Oh, I must be okay then. Shitty roads on nummies don’t bother me.

2 Likes

Why do I have the feeling I just opened a can of worms :rofl:

2 Likes

I also don’t always read people too well.

1 Like

Anyways . . .

To add another real data-point here i have been riding a few hundred miles on my 100d now and just reached the 100 mile point after switching to 18s. I realize this is nowhere near enough miles to make any conclusions but so far i have been very impressed with the performance.

Up until now i have been riding 6880 190kv motors but limited the ERPM so that top speed is no higher than on 12s.

This week one of my motor bearings finally died (its been on its way out for months and i dont think this is in any way HV related) I have a set of 140kv motors arriving soon, They should be much better suited to running on the higher voltages. I will add some comparative logs here once i got them fitted :slight_smile:

9 Likes

lmk when u sell

3 Likes

Sell what my good man?

3 Likes

Your thane?

1 Like

Just sell… open ended :eyes: cuz… let me see how do I put dis…
Oh riteee you selling sumthin every other day of the week :call_me_hand::beers:

4 Likes

Ah. Ok
Bahahaha. I sell shit I don’t need or will ever use ha

1 Like