Kweld spot welder

Yep, still going strong after like 2 years. Highly recommend getting two and connecting in parallel tho, i used one by itself for a little while and i didn’t like how toasty it was getting.

3 Likes

Yeah my 6Ah graphene is getting quite warm and bottlenecked by the 10awg wires so I’m going to upgrade.

3 Likes

To a car battery.

It’s your daily strength training when you move it onto your work area.

:muscle:

1 Like

Not everyone has space to store a car battery, as good as it may be lol

1 Like

3s40p p42a for my spot welder :muscle::muscle::muscle::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I was considering this but mooch advised against it

1 Like

I think some people do like 4S10P a123

2 Likes

Pfffff. They got space for cells, they got like 500 cubic inches for a big ol’ square of safety. :sunglasses:

Lol I don’t know how it’s much safer but I know for sure that I have no space for that, and I don’t want to put that much weight on my workbench desk lol

The easy answer is use one the configurations listed on the kWeld kit product page at keenlab.de. In general, a good and new 12V starter battery with 65Ah to 100Ah capacity (I don’t give much about CCA ratings) should work.

3 Likes

Ok so i got a new battery, just about to set up my new kweld and modify my old one to suit.

Will there be any issues having them both connected at the same time?

Also, does it matter that my positive and negative leads are different lengths? (Assuming that each connector is specific to one kweld)

Edit: got them both running, all seems good! Still curious if there is any potential for damage if running them both at the same time.

Also learned a neat little trick from the user manual :sweat_smile: if you start the kweld with the footswitch pressed or the wires shorted, it starts and stays in Auto mode!

:partying_face:

3 Likes

Might be a little voltage spike and dipping when the other welder been used but couple of people are using 2 Kwelds with a common supply.

2 Likes

Yep, happy to report that they are very happy in the new config.

I’ve found that with some cells, i need to use a different power level depending on if i’m welding the positive or negative side, so being able to dial in one for positive and one for negative is a huge time saver, and makes for far more consistent packs.

I’m super stoked with this setup, highly recommend to anyone who is serious about building packs.

6 Likes

Two kWeld in parallel is perfect, no objections from my side :slight_smile:

3 Likes

How’s the all in one welder/kcapps project coming along?

Sorry, no spare time besides customer projects, at least till end of this year.

3 Likes

I’ve been running a K-Weld and sequre welders forever, but only used the K-Weld occasionally because the 3S Graphene LiPo i had hooked up to its wires heat to too hot after only 6-8 welds which really disrupted my workflow. Recently I tried paralleling 2 of them, but I appear to now be getting overcurrent in calibration, do I have to just add more resistance? (Which might kinda make having a second battery near pointless if the wires heat up again)

3 Likes

In reference to my above comment, do you know if anyone else is successfully using 2 green 6ah graphenes? That’s the setup I have going right now and its getting overcurrent (the power source is too good?) at least while fully charged.

1 Like

i got 2 4Ah and they are fine
maybe try thicker wires?

1 Like

im running 2x 3s 4ah turnigy “heavy duty” lipos. works great and the probes get hot wayyy quicker than the lipos/lipo wires

1 Like