Kushboard Pico, an even lighter build! | 121c Orbiter | BN 145mms Belt drive | 10s1p P42A | Mach 1s |

What is your motor and battery current set to?

1 Like

You missed me didn’t you? Good to be back amongst it and loving where things have gone. After all the 20s carvers and mountain boards this is refreshing.
Lovely little practical set up.

I also love the fact somebody actually made a single motor drive both wheels. I was advocating that years ago and got shot down in flames. You’d need a thrust bearing etc etc etc. good to chat

5 Likes

actualy I’ve seen plenty, I think a guy from the french esk8 comunity makes a lot of them

(This doesn’t take any credit out of @Linny , this build is so clean)

3 Likes

Fuck linny. He’s the one who told me it wouldn’t work. :kissing_heart::wink::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Well know you need to make a 4wd skate with a single motor

3 Likes

Ohhh
Shafts and differentials. Ooooh. Mmmmm

I’ve got a massive woody.

4 Likes

Oops, forgot to add this one

Cute little 10s1p.

Hmm, which layout should i go? I am leaning on the single stack more because i dont want that fat of an enclosure…

15 Likes

Love the style of this build, will definitely be following :100::+1:t3:

1 Like

Starting work on the battery. Im going with one piece of 14 AWG for the series connection since this pack is going to pull 30A max. So downsizing on it would be better construction wise. Now how the hell am i gonna route the balance wires on these neatly…

2 Likes

Hey, curious if you have an extra Boardnamic non idler mount? I need one more of the same exact mount for my build. I have mismatching ones(older and newer non idler mount). Would you ever consider trading my newer non idler mount for yours? Thanks!

Nice build btw!

Heya, unfortunately i only bought one of these with a single drive in mind. Apologies!

2 Likes

I still love this thing but it really would struggle with my fat fucking arse on it. :joy::sunglasses:

1 Like

So turns out balance cable wiring is really difficult to do neatly. An attempt was made.

12 Likes

This board rules haha

2 Likes

I didnt have to, but i did anyway. Since its just 1 bolt, so its not so pricey.

Waiting for 14 AWG wire to come so i can finish up the pack and solder everything together. Then measure my space, and start the enclosure.

1 Like

Is it possible to flip that clamp. So the bolt tightens from above (which is super painful I know). The bolt head is likely to get beat to shit on these wheels, low clearance

3 Likes

Its possible yea. Ill do that.

5 Likes

Guess who forgot about this build

Well the board is pretty much there. Just no enclosure. I got a friend to model a nice one based on my dimensions

I will show you guys a unique way to turn 3d model to enclosure, no 3d prints involved. Stay tuned

12 Likes

This is the plan!
I am using Pepakura.

Back in 2013 before i had a 3d printer and all, this was the ‘poor man’ method of bring 3d model to actual artefact. It basically takes a 3D model, and unfolds it into paper, then you do a bunch of clean up to get the pieces where you want it to, print onto paper, cut paste, and glue.

There are also alternate ways instead of paper like using cardboard, foam etc.

For simplicity’s sake when cutting and gluing the paper pieces, the chamfers and roundovers were removed from the model. So the current shape is more sharp and polygonal. No worries, I will be sanding this later anyway.

Let me show you what i did back in the day!

17 year old Linny was very ambitious, doing all these in the bedroom

23 Likes